I’m a bit confused

Published August 14th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

I’m a bit confused about this website, and maybe someone would kindly enlighten me… Why take so much trouble to try and dismantle fundamental Christianity if you all sincerely disbelieve it?

-Cato

207 Responses to “I’m a bit confused”

1. Nick says:

Who ever said anything about Jesus? This is our idea of how the world is, and how mistaken you can be trying to bring your religious beliefs onto others. If we wanted to attack Jesus, we would convert to Satanism. If we want to demonstrate to the fundamentalists how crazy it is for them to impose their beliefs on our school system, we offer to impose FSM on the school system. You are right, this is about Jesus–how tolerant and good he was. And how we should take advice from him–NOT his church–about how to treat different people. RAmen

2. poop says:

I do not feel threatened by Jesus. I feel threatened by what religion has done to the world… the wars it has caused, the boundries it has put on acceptance of other people.

If you can believe there is a God or Jesus based on a book then why can’t we believe there is a flying spaghetti monster on the same basis (plus the very obvious evidence)? haha.

So if our children are going to be ridden with the ludicrous ideas of any religion I would prefer it be this one because at least we get pasta and beer at our masses!!

FIND THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER. He is the WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE. He tells you everything you need to listen to him.

dismantle religion or we will be dismantled by each other.

3. zack says:

RAmen nick…..

4. Ryan says:

“I wonder why this whole movement feels like they’re so threatened by Jesus if he’s not real.”

Because the people who believe are real and they’re freaking scary.

5. greg says:

Hello? It’s a JOKE!

6. jaefrmbk says:

some ppl actually would like to find out the truth about “God”. that’s why conterpoints like these are made-to inspire intellectualization & deductive reasoning. blind faith is way too much to ask from many genuinely inquisitive & analytical ppl. this video is not for ppl like you who’s closed & incurious mind on this issue is already made up by an old contradictory book & a bunch of highly suggestable, wish-thinking, region-specific religious sheep. contrary to your “beliefs” many ppl still enjoy the luxury of questioning EVERYTHING

7. NightGoblin says:

To say that Church of the FSM is trying to specifically dismantle Christianity is about as fair as to say that Christians are trying to specifically dismantle Pastafarianism. BTW, who is Jesus?

Sauce be with you.

8. Ranzo says:

Dear Cato,

I wonder why the Jesus movement feels like they’re so threatened by The Flying Spaghetti Monster if he’s not real…

RAmen.

May His Noodlyness help you find the right path. It’s not too late.