Ikea endorses the Church

Published August 18th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

ikea_fsm_lomo2.jpg

I bought this doll in IKEA in Taiwan about a year ago. Just knowing the FSM has been a strong presence in our son’s life from the start is indeed a comfort.

Ramen.

-Heinke

This is news to me, but I’m not too surprised, as the Swedish are a very intelligent people and have been strong supporters of the Church of the FSM since early on. Thanks, IKEA!

17 Responses to “Ikea endorses the Church”

1 2 3
  1. phyxdough says:

This may actually get my girlfriend to check out the FSM. She’s a firm believer in Ikea and now she’ll see that these two faiths are not incompatible.

2. Tall Guy says:

sweden is actually the most atheist country in the world (has highest percentage of atheism). perhaps now they are beginning to remember their days as vikings – the predecessors of more modern pirates, and are taking to the church of the FSM.

another victory for all that is noodly (sp?) and good! ARRRRRR!

3. TheBeann says:

I am touched that the Ikea community shares my religious beliefs and values. I knew there had to be a noble reason for my inability to resist weekly visitations (and silly me, I thought it was just the shelving). Clearly it was a force more powerful than Lingonberries.

Is it a coincidence that they are known for their delicious meatballs? I think not.

4. zima says:

I’m a little disturbed how, by including fearsome jaws in depiction of His Noodliness, IKEA might suggest He’s not the Benevolent One we’re all accustomed to…

5. Stephanie says:

Any idea where to get them here? I’d love to give them to the children of my Christian relatives ;D Just kidding.

6. Sparrow says:

zima-
    he’s got to have something to use to win on the jesus win they hae their big showdown… he’s a lover. and a fighter.

7. PirateFridge™ says:

Wow, that’s wonderful. I haven’t seen them in my local IKEA, more’s the pity. :(

8. Pope Pixel I says:

Sweet! Children’s minds are like sponges, so get them into the movement while they’re young!
    RAmen