the passion

Published July 2nd, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

From the interwebs:

tehpassion.jpg
Artist unknown.

58 Responses to “the passion”

1. Ron says:

I see this and I am deeply moved.
    Moved to cook myself some lunch.
    Carbo Diem, all.

2. mike brown says:

I suppose the FSM was attested to by the venerable 1st century historian Josephus in his account? Yes, I suppose the FSM was written about by Tacticus who commented upon the great FSM and his followers. How about Pliny the Younger he must have certaintly met up with followers of FSM and mentioned him/it by name and certainly he put to death any who followed the great FSM. Lucian a play write must have certainly mocked and derided followers of FSMs. Suetonius writing in the 40′s CE must have certainly miss -spelled the great FSM’s name attesting to his existance as early as 20 years after his death.
    Oh wait a min… I forgot FSM isn’t interested in Facts or reason or even fair minded inquiry it’s only interested in mockery.
    The problem here is not that your creating an alternate religion… anyone can do that… It’s that you wish to draw a parallel conclusion to a historic faith and this…. obvious forgery is your idea of “parallel”. This does not display your “cleverness” this displays your inablity to form coherent logical thought patterns. Just be clear.. I am not saying that you thinking is flawed because you believe that FSM exists. Your thinking is flawed because you believe this parody is a perfect example of how improbable christianity is. This is attested by the fact that your site is visited primairly by atheists and agnostics.

3. Ninjaramen says:

Does our version blame the Jews that way Mel Gibson’s version did?

4. Graig says:

Simply amazing! This will be much better than the mel gibson one about that one person… That was a terrible movie. However, this looks more promising. Praise be unto His Noodly Greatness!
    RAmen

5. Benji says:

This is beautiful… sniff… the upcoming of a chef d’oeuvre.

6. Sir Gary the Mostly Good says:

Why, yes, Aina Tolentino, we are sick! Thank you for noticing. We’re mainly sick of Creationists trying to jam unprovable beliefs into our school’s science curricula. Occasionally a bit queasy after eating a bit too much of our Creator in one sitting, also, but that’s our own fault.

Just seeing The Passion poster makes me feel compelled to indulge in the Ritual of the Boiling Water Pot, in His name’s sake!

As for anything else: The Flying Spaghetti Monster said it, I believe it, and that settles it! …. RAmen.

7. Suzanne says:

Oh my gosh I’m eating our god tonight too! Oh the FSM is sooooooo yummy to the tummy :) And as for that Mel Gibson film, I watched the 1st ten minutes of it and that’s all! Very naff movie.

8. Skye says:

And as they did eat, FSM took pasta, blessed it, then served it, and gave to them, and said “Take this and eat it for this is my body. The body of FSM.”
    To which they all replied, “Aaaaaarrrrrgh and avast, you scurvy cur, for it is filling and plentiful and yer noodly appendage hath blessed it. All appendages on deck!”