NIH supports FSM

Published July 14th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

I spotted the FSM on the main page of PubMed. For those non-scientists out there, this is basically an index/repository of all biological knowledge and medical research. It’s run by the National Institutes on Health (NIH).

-Horatio

pubmedfsm.png

14 Responses to “NIH supports FSM”

1. eGGnext says:

Great one!
    I had just seen that image, but I missed the presence of the creator!

2. Katie says:

Huzzah!

3. jeremykeys says:

He’s sneaky!

4. Billy Wright says:

Clearly this website was set up by our lord, the FSM, to educate us on his creations.

5. Wench Nikkiee says:

Not surprised. The NCBI website rocks! Besides Pubmed, their free access online textbooks and comprehensive gene/ protein sequence databases are invaluable. *plug plug*

Kudos Horatio

6. Fenwick says:

I toasted a slice of Wonder Bread this morning. The toast has a remarkably clear, miraculous image of our Dear FSM on it. Do you think I can sell it on E-Bay?

7. Jeebuz says:

His Noodely Appendage has touched me right where I work!

8. Wench Nikkiee says:

Jeebuz, you are surely one of the FSM’s chosen! Assured ringside seats at the beer volcanoes, right next to the stripper stages, for you.

Honestly, anyone who hasn’t had reason to worship at NCBI may not understand, but compute free access to thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of globally recognised genetics/molecular bio/microbio/biomed and evo devo (to name a few areas) university level textbooks (at average price of between ~$100 to ~$180 au per text) on the NCBI bookshelf…and…well any student of any of these, or closely related, disciplines will happily nod agreement that such reverence is warranted. After all this FSM send allows for more money to spend at the earthly (relatively smaller) beer volcanoes ;)

Such savings also buy a slightly better quality of RAmen sustenance. :p

…RAmen