While I can understand this movement’s motives

Published May 18th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

While I can understand this movement’s motives, it is still offensive to a great many people (myself included). Mocking another group’s beliefs is kind of a sick way to get your beliefs recognized.
-skeptic

175 Responses to “While I can understand this movement’s motives”

1. BlackBard says:

Fusilly, asked, “What do us women get in heaven? Stripper factories and beer fountains do not appeal – I’ll be awfully dissappointed if FSM is a male only religion. Do we get Jack Sparrow and Will Turner lookalike sex slaves?”
    Good news! FSM heaven is not male only. The beer volcano dispenses the exact beverage you want, beer of all types, wines (sparkinlg and still), lemonade, mineral water, hot chocolate, whatever. As for the stripper factory, don’t be too quick to turn away. There are all types of strippers, male and female, gay and straight. Like Jack Sparrow? He’s yours. Like Will Turner? He’s yours. This is the FSM’s stripper factory, afterall. Being the Creator, He knows what He is doing.
    RAmen
    PS Of course, there is all kinds of chocolate, in case anyone wondered (Ubi Dubium, I thought you already knew this.)

2. indigo v. says:

Wow. This message actually made me pause. The author seems to possess the potential to be an intelligent being, unlike most of the other idiots who come on here mocking our mockery (which is really just mocking themselves).
    To your statements, o author-
    yes, we do mock, and proudly.Do you not mock?
    RAmen

3. Sparrow says:

Obviously you don’t understand our motives, if that is what you think.

4. Pan says:

Lolzickles we haven’t disrespected anything are veiws are as valid as yours…

5. Bjarkz says:

HOVE DARE HE TO SAY THIS ABOUT OUR RELIGION!

6. just a mariner says:

How do we know that you aren’t mocking our beliefs?

7. Talleyrand says:

I congratulate skeptic on the first posting I have seen here objecting to our peace-loving religion without resorting to profanity or absurd mis-spellings. But I think skeptic misunderstands that pastafarianism is not about mocking anyone’s beliefs. If you want to believe in one or two or ten gods or Gods or G-ds or anything else for that matter, by all means have at it. If you believe Jesus Christ is God’s son or not, if you believe he rose from the dead or not, or if you believe he lives in the apartment down the hall, bully for you. No one cares. But if you want to impose your beliefs on me (for example by trying to pass those beliefs off as science), well, now you have my attention – and now you have invited my mockery.

8. Wench Nikkiee says:

just a mariner Jun 1st, 2008 at 6:28 pm

“How do we know that you aren’t mocking our beliefs?”
    *It* is!