While I can understand this movement’s motives

Published May 18th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

While I can understand this movement’s motives, it is still offensive to a great many people (myself included). Mocking another group’s beliefs is kind of a sick way to get your beliefs recognized.
-skeptic

175 Responses to “While I can understand this movement’s motives”

1 20 21 22
  1. David says:

Then why are you and other religious fanatics here, mocking our beliefs?

2. Kosher Meatballs says:

I doubt anyone could sum up our thoughts better than Tallyrand has. The Sauce is strong with this one.

I appreciate Skeptics thoughts on the subject, but I would like to point out all the Crusades, Inquisitions and KKK movements which belittled and harassed multiple ethnicities and races to push the ideas of christian supremacy.

This may seem surprising and infuriating to you, but your religion is built on theft, murder, segregation, and virtually all vices of a society, all so you can worship a zombie, who in turn asks you to eat his flesh and drink his blood.

You are vulgar and crude behind your “understanding” words, and you cannot stand to have someone poke fun at your deity.

May you be doused only slightly in pesto sauce.

3. John says:

Alright, pal. Great. Understanding, peace, and respect are beautiful. But when people of other religions are trying to get their religion taught as science to my kid, when my boyfriend gets his ass kicked for being a “dirty faggot,” I get constantly berated by LDS, Seventh Day Adventists, and Jehovah’s Witnesses who come up to my door and tell me that I’m living in sin… Well. That doesn’t smack to me of respect. And humour is a considerably better way of fighting something that I disagree with than some other religions have demonstrated (I’d like to call Matt Shepard, Gwen Araujo, Harvey Milk, and a huge number of other victims to the stand.)
    I can understand that you may take offense at something I may say. But at least I ain’t lobbing bombs into abortion clinics.

4. Jessay says:

Nuh-Uh all other religions are making fun of ours!

♥ RAmen ♥

5. Nick says:

You are certainly not a fool like so many others who flood the hate mail. In fact, the only reason you may feel upset is that you may not have read the whole gospel. Bobby Henderson points out that “Our alternative beliefs are in no way mocking your beliefs more than yours mock ours. FSM believers… have never started a war and have never killed others for their opposing beliefs. Compare our record with yours.” For the record, Pastafarians aren’t aggressive towards your beliefs, whatever they may be. We only seek tolerance. If you think we are offensive, just look at the other major religions of the world, and how they all involve terrorism, torture, war, murder. Compared to that, you have to admit, we aren’t really that bad. It’s like comparing Family Guy to videos released from Al Quada.

6. Garrick McElroy says:

How very egotistical of you to think we give enough of a crap about you, to mock you. Get off your high horse and join the rest of the world in REALITY. This is our religion, if you get rid of yours, I’ll get rid of mine. Fair is fair, right?

Here’s to hoping His Noodly Appendage touches you,
    -GM
    RAmen

If you have any questions about, or just want to discuss the existence of the FSM, you can reach me at kanastag@comcast.net

7. storage sheds says:

Many people are knowledgeable about the standard wood structures
    that you notice in the garden. If you’re looking for a good bargain, look for Arrow.
    Vinyl storage sheds can be used to store virtually everything including garden tools, sports equipment, wood working tools and bikes.

1 20 21 22