organic chemistry

Published May 30th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

Sorry for my bad english,i’m an italian chemistry student,i was studing about organic structures when i was touched by his noodly appendage!!!

Mangiate in pace
Ramen!

Roberto.

psv1.jpg

psv2.jpg

What is this structure? It is responsible for some very important things, no doubt – anyone know?

59 Responses to “organic chemistry”

1. Cthulku says:

Very nice, but I think that it would be better if the centre were aromatic– as in a napthalene ring surrounded by the alkane noodly appendages. Especially since cyclohexane (and even fused cyclohexane systems like the one above) are not planar and don’t look to meatballish other than on paper. The napthalene core (two fused benzene rings) is planar, and what’s more is that the delocalized pi-electron system would look pretty much like two adjacent meatballs.

Brilliant discovery though henderob. I tip my three-pointed pirate hat to you sir. Yarr!

2. DrainedAgain says:

@PastafarianIceFarmer:
    wow.
    I’ve seen some jumps in my time, but nothing like that.
    And the way everyone in the audience – and on quite a few christian forums – is jumping on it, saying, “Look! Scientific evidence of the TRUTH!”

I personally think the didactic prophylactic bicycle (or whatever) pictured above is much more telling, since it’s far more complicated than, oh, one of the most common shapes in the universe. [oh, but maybe the fact that it's so common is because of the big G-man.]

3. Scared Lonely Guy says:

This is creepy. I mean when I read your post, the hairs on the back of my neck went all sticky outy! The systematic name of the molecule shown is (2,10)-diacetyl,(3,4,5,7,8,9)-hexa-n-propylbicyclo(4.4.0)decane…

Oh My goodness! EEPP!

Do you realise that the above string, when exposed to meatballs in solution, becomes sodium carboxymethylcellulose and has an identical molecule?

A common INGREDIENT OF TWO-MINUTE NOODLES!

Now can you see the connection?

Attention Moderator: are we permitted to start new branches of the FSM church?

4. kevin morton says:

its no the fsm ita a flat lander ant

5. Darwin'sMonkey says:

Wow I think if he would’ve said god one more time I would’ve converted. How can people not see the evidence of HIS Noodly existence when there is blatant proof such as this? If this doesn’t convert more people to pastafarianism I don’t know what will. Is it just me or is this amazing? Sorry I cant continue I’m getting very emotional and I need to run to my Pasta Shrine and kneel on my Pasta Pew and murmur three hairless pastas.
    Please FSM grace me with hairless pasta, I love you and all of my patch eyed brethren and peg legged sisters, thank you for lending your sauce filled ear. RAmen and Meatballeighlueah

6. roflolmao says:

hahaha an amazingly convincing arguement by alex! I was in hysterics…

June 20th, 2008 at 4:43 am – Alex Says:

“That could be called the ineffable holy keyboard mantra, and you could even found a christian contemplative group if you were convincing enough !”

7. Noodly Diddly says:

I’M NIHILIST! VOID RULES! VOID! VOID! VOID! VOID! VOID! VOID! VOID! VOID! VOID! VOID! VOID! VOID! VOID! VOID! VOID!

8. Matticus says:

Two quick things:

1) Xavier, you know who else chanted things, trying to make them real? The Nazis.

2) Is it just me, or does that Laminin picture look more like a penis sword than a cross?