Why do you feel the need

Published April 19th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

Why do you feel the need to publish hate mail? Is it to prove a point that can’t be made without it? Was the rest of the site so insufficient that you have to make people feel sorry for you?
-Maria

[Don't feel sorry for me. Hate-mails make my day. -bobby]

68 Responses to “Why do you feel the need”

1 2 3 9
  1. scurvy jen says:

you’re sending us hate mail to protest our hate mail?

2. asgardian says:

Dear Maria,

My problem is, I just can’t figure out why you want to publicly display your narrow mindness in the way of sending hatemail in the first place. I’m not saying you’re sending hate-mail, I just want to point you towards the source of your problem.

3. The Almighty Doer of Stuff says:

Lots of websites publish their hate mail. They do it to show they’re not concerned with idiotic criticisms. This is no exception.

4. Matt says:

Clearly there’s entertainment value here. Reading this mail is rather like the time I went to the Calgary Stampede as a kid and stood outside the screendoor to the trailer home of “Big Bertha” with discarded TV dinners stacked-up around her. People pay to observe such oddities, not out of pity (though it’s hard not to feel some) but out of fascination and curiosity at the morbid case. And and with this hate mail we have the case of folks who have a morbidly perverse relationship with reality.

I used to go to church to get my fill of this but now I can find it occasionally on display through the window of posts like this. Thanks, Bobby.

5. Joe Marinara says:

It demonstrates a willingness to listen to other opinions and keep an open mind. This is a concept many of our critics are not acquainted with.

6. Cap'n' Fettucini Alfredo says:

Actually, it’s one of the purposes of this site. We don’t feel the need to pound our message into everyone’s head and brainwash our followers, so it’s pretty chill here. This is our form of amusement- listening to people bitch about us. We also get general news, which is cool too.

Peace

7. St John the Blasphemist says:

We couldn’t call it a fair & balanced debate if we didn’t let our opponents voice their concerns, now, could we?
    St John the Blasphemist
    Saint of Non-Censorship

8. HandofCrom says:

Wait, if someone sends hate mail protesting the hate mail, what if someone then sends hate mail protesting the hate mail protesting the hate mail, and then AHHHH RECURSION STACK OVERFLOW ERRROR AHHHH!!!

1 2 3 9