Somalia – Lots of Pirates, low Carbon Emissions

Published April 14th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

somali_pirates.jpg

Congrats to Colin for contributing the latest evidence in our Pirates Vs. Global-Warming link:

Somalia has the highest number of Pirates AND the lowest Carbon emissions of any country. Coincidence?

Co2

Pirates

45 Responses to “Somalia – Lots of Pirates, low Carbon Emissions”

1 2 3 5
  1. Boatswain Z says:

Yar, ’tis but a fluke, a coincidence if ye will. I see not a hat, nor a peg leg, nor an eyepatch on any of these Somalian scalawags. These vagabonds ain’t *true* pirates.

2. anonymous says:

They’re on the road to becoming true pirates, so I think the FSM has simply given them an incentive to continue practicing their pirate ways until they’ve restored a respectable degree of true pirateness to their society. The FSM works in mysterious ways, except in cases that prove his existence, such as this one.

3. Landrew the Flatulent says:

I must agree with Boatswain Z. These ruffians do not look like fun loving, giving candy to children, true pirates. They look like what the modern, unbeliving, world has warped the view of pirates into, criminals on the sea.
    RAmen

4. James D King of Pirates says:

They may not be true pirates but thats because they cant afford it, swags harder to get than it used to be. but good for them they are doing a great thing.

5. Cap'n Ollie says:

They’re just crooks on boats….

6. caveat lector says:

I think we need to advance as pirates, we cant use swords and single shooters anymore. look at that, an rpg, thats what we need. “this is what fsm would do…” BOOM!!!!

7. Pope Pixel I says:

I dunno about you, but when I think about a pirate, I think peg leg, eye-patch, rocket propelled grenade launcher, you know, all the usual stuff. I think it’s great evidence, they’re doing their part to reduce global warming, aargh!!!
    RAmen

8. One-eyed Wonderkin says:

Somalia – i did not even know that they had water much less pirates. I may have to start some pirating on the Missip just to stir things up.

1 2 3 5