Rolling Stone

Published April 26th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

rollstoncover.jpg

Rolling Stone has featured the Flying Spaghetti Monster in its latest issue – the one with Keith Richards and Mick Jagger on the cover – the April 17, 2008 issue, pictured to the right. Check out page 39.

RS has a huge circulation; who knows how many converts we gained. It’s cool to see the mainstream media picking up on the fastest growing religion in the world.

The article – Investigating Bush – is about Rep. Henry Waxman, Chairman of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. More or less, he’s the guy calling out the Bush Administration on their bullshit. I could not be more pleased that the FSM was included – I have a lot of respect for Rep. Waxman, as I imagine many Pastafarians do.

I’ve included a couple scans. Click to enlarge.

rs450wide1.jpg
rs4501.jpg

The FSM is placed furthest to the left on the “with us – against us” scale. That is awesome.

This is the second time that the FSM has been featured in Rolling Stone. The first was in the November 3, 2005 issue. Hoobastank vocalist Doug Robb was wearing an FSM shirt. He also thanked the the FSM on their last album’s cover-art.

hoobastank2closeup.jpg

37 Responses to “Rolling Stone”

1. Elise the Pirate says:

a few words come to mind here… “amazing!” “Great!!” “wonderful!” this is truly a blessing from the FSM.
    At this time I am at the mall spreading the word of the FSM, I’ve met 2 guys who are also Pastafarians, and together we spread the word of his Noodley Appendage!
    RAMEN
    -pirateanarchist
    ~renegade [aka] I Know Things.
    Peace and Pyrates!
    I’m going see Harold and Kumar escape from Guantanamo Bay after this @8

2. Pluveus says:

1. Captain Shplane.
    Chilax, it’s not the other stuff in the article we care about, as for being pro-life, that’s cool, but the difference between you and many other Pro-Life people is that you arrived at your decision through logic, reason, and reflection, but must people arrive at the conclusion because God told them so. I personally am on the pro-life side of the fence too, but I’m keeping a firm grasp on that fence because there are extenuating circumstances.

2. jeremykeys.
    Yes, good job, perhaps when you get to Heaving you can go “Freakin at the Freakers Ball” with “The Queen of the Silver Dollar” and the strippers from the factory.

3. Ticonderoga Black says:

I’m proud to see that the Rolling Stone has put marijuana legalization alongside with things like electric cars, and FSM. Anyone who knows me knows that for years I have preached both FSM and Marijuana legalization.

It really….almost brings to a tear to my eye.

Anyway, I’m off to get a copy of this Rolling Stone.

4. Godzilla says:

Rock moosic, hooch and the heathen worship of made up monsters will not help you win favor with the heavenly father. Repent or face the certain possibility of eternal suffering in the fires of Hades.

5. Dungeon Keeper says:

Uh, pro-life policies are killing women, men and children worldwide. The bottom line of pro-life is never pro-baby because these people supporting do northing to help the mother during or after her pregnancy and often shame her about being pregnant, even if she was raped. They will endanger a woman’s life and health for the sake of a non-viable fetus and deny her any choice about getting pregnant, limiting her family size, protecting herself from sexual diseases and being able to see sex as a healthy, normal activity that she has every right to enjoy or refuse at her choosing. Pro-life policies turn women into wombs on legs, health care providers into criminals for wanting to help a women in need and coat hangers and cleaning fluid into the only resort to end an unwanted pregnancy. Pro-life also blatantly lies about pregnancy, sexual diseases, fetal development, the frequency of abortion (there aren’t that many women GETING pregnant, let alone ending their pregnancies), so any information you get from them is at best suspect and at worse outright lies, much like intelligent design.

Besides, “Man = person. Woman = person. Samey = samey”. At least I’d hoped.

6. Savage says:

Very neat! Congrats!

7. Spanky the Pirate says:

I apologise in advance because I know this is off topic, but Captain Shplane…

Pro-life? you have thought about it logicaly and all that, but answer me this.

If a 15 year old girl gets raped and becomes pregnant, do you think she should have to drop out of school and raise the child of her rapist and ruin her life further because she can’t afford it, and is forced to get by on welfare?

If you think that in this situation it would be ok for her to have an abortion, what other situations are acceptible? Where do you draw the line?

8. captain evade says:

shplane, I do think a further discussion on the pro-life/pro-choice debate would further your understanding of the topic. (I´m pro-choice myself because I don´t think a cell heap that will eventually evolve into a human being has a “right” for existence, but this isn´t the place for that discussion.)

otherwise, how can you be a Pirate and shun good old piratey smoking pipes? Or Cigars, for that matter? ;)