Rolling Stone

Published April 26th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

rollstoncover.jpg

Rolling Stone has featured the Flying Spaghetti Monster in its latest issue – the one with Keith Richards and Mick Jagger on the cover – the April 17, 2008 issue, pictured to the right. Check out page 39.

RS has a huge circulation; who knows how many converts we gained. It’s cool to see the mainstream media picking up on the fastest growing religion in the world.

The article – Investigating Bush – is about Rep. Henry Waxman, Chairman of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. More or less, he’s the guy calling out the Bush Administration on their bullshit. I could not be more pleased that the FSM was included – I have a lot of respect for Rep. Waxman, as I imagine many Pastafarians do.

I’ve included a couple scans. Click to enlarge.

rs450wide1.jpg
rs4501.jpg

The FSM is placed furthest to the left on the “with us – against us” scale. That is awesome.

This is the second time that the FSM has been featured in Rolling Stone. The first was in the November 3, 2005 issue. Hoobastank vocalist Doug Robb was wearing an FSM shirt. He also thanked the the FSM on their last album’s cover-art.

hoobastank2closeup.jpg

37 Responses to “Rolling Stone”

1 2 3 5
  1. DB says:

Wow, congrats! Keep up the good work.

RAmen

2. Captain Shplane says:

Being both pro-life and Pastafarian, I find it highly offensive that it is implied that the two things are opposite.

Doesn’t this religion value logical thought? Because I decided to be pro-life AND atheist/pastafarian due to logical thought. Not because of any us vs. them mentality that causes ALL “Conservative” values to be considered evil to “Liberals” and all “Liberal” values to be considered evil to “Conservatives”.

Rolling Stone seems to not be “Liberal” because that’s ACTUALLY what anyone involved believes, but more because it SELLS.

Personally, I wouldn’t want Pastafari to be associated with that.

ALSO: Here’s my beliefs on all of the issues shown there.

FSM: I’m posting here, aren’t I?

Electric car: Stop wasting your time and work on a hydrogen powered car. It has real potential, unlike purely electric cars which take hundreds of batteries to get to the speed of your grandma’s Pinto.

Legalizing pot: Honestly, I’m for making cigarettes ILLEGAL, so I really don’t want to take a step BACKWARDS and legalize pot.

“Killed the Republican brand”: While I don’t really agree with most of what Bush has done, really people need to just shut up. He’s almost out of office, and he’s not done anything that will have any real lasting effect. And YES, that includes the Iraq war.

Homosexuals: Just legalize gay marriage and stop being idiots already. Are people REALLY so homophobic tha they have to invade other people’s lives? It’s not hurting you, why do you CARE? Hell, I’M straight, but I still think homosexuals should have the right to do whatever the hell they want.

Cheney “So?”: Really? Damn. What a dick.

Pro-life: Hey guys, guess what? People shouldn’t get to decide if other people get to live or not. ESPECIALLY if the person the decision is being made about has previously been completely incapable of performing any action to cause them to not have the right to live. You know, like killing a bunch of people or something.

Bush “Romantic”: Hey, let’s invade the guy’s personal life. Real great there, Rolling Stone. If you’re going to be a tabloid, just admit it.

Buchanan racism: Damn it. Why am I surrounded by idiots? “Durp he’s black, don’t vote for him.” Real great political logic there guys. Just great.

4000 death toll: While we’re speaking of people who end up not alive, let’s look at those abortions you support. 46 million. Every year. Since the war’s been going on for five years, that means that 230 million abortions have occured since the beggining of the Iraq War. So that’s 57500 times as many dead people. So keep pretending you care about human life Rolling Stone. I’m sure you’ll sell more magazines that way.

3. Roo says:

That’s excellent! Its a breath of fresh air!

4. Stephanie says:

Of course it probably helps that the FSM does have two meaty rolling stones of his own.
    Congrats!

5. jeremykeys says:

Not quite but almost “On the cover of the Rolling Stone!”

6. lilwench says:

Arrr, its wonderful to see His Image in Rolling Stone. I think the word “deity” in quotation marks is a little disrespectful, though. I’ll go soothe my irritation with some beer & spaghetti.

7. Joe Blow says:

OH that is really great. Henry Waxman is a great American… even if he suffers from the inability to actually FLUSH the toilet that is the Bush Administration….

Its a big handle to push and we need the tentacles of the FSM to help us….

FSM FSM…

8. SandyHook says:

Can the FSM as Time’s, “Man* of the Year,” be far behind.
    *Somewhat loosly defined