More evidence of the pirates – temperature relationship

Published April 4th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

The evidence for the relationship between pirates and global temperature continues to mount.

CNN reports, “The International Maritime Bureau, which tracks piracy, said in its annual report earlier this year that global pirate attacks rose by 10 percent in 2007, marking the first increase in three years. ”

cnn1.png

Then, BBC News reports “Global Temperatures to decrease“.

The mainstream media may ignore the pirate-temperature link that Pastafarians have long known, but soon the evidence will be so overwhelming that they cannot ignore the Truth.

Further evidence: Google Trends shows a very solid relationship.

glob-pirates2.png

That screenshot is remarkable and 100% legit – not doctored. You can try it yourself here.

Congrats to Pastafarians Oliver and Adrian for spotting the CNN/BBC evidence.

61 Responses to “More evidence of the pirates – temperature relationship”

1. Gabe says:

@marsupialninja (nice name, by the way)

I think you’re taking this far too seriously. I may be wrong, but at this point in time this is the only evidence I’ve seen toward any possibility of people searching for a relationship between global warming and pirates.

Don’t get me wrong, I like pirates (not as much as I like ninjas, but there you go), but I don’t think they have anything to do with the current global climate.
    Certainly, I don’t think most pirates know they’re meant to have something to do with the current global climate. Is it possible be involved in something like that accidentally?

2. physics wench says:

there is a similar trend if you do global warming and pasta! :) try it

3. ME DUH says:

@ Vermicelli: C’mon!! Isn’t there a slight possibility that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is pleased by the increase of pirates and is helping us in return? I BELIEVE IT!!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FSM IS MIGHTY!!! MAY HIS NOODLY APPENDAGE TOUCH ALL AND MAY YOU BATHE IN THE WARMTH OF HIS SAUCE!!

RAmen!

4. asgardian says:

Wow, and the stats keep on proving themselves all the way through april too…

Does anyone know if eating noodles is disrespectful in any way, or is it like bread, wine and jesus?

And what about eating pirates?

5. Gabe says:

In fact, I’ve just noticed this: Whoever wrote this post has conveniently chopped of the bottom half of the graph, the half that disproves the theory entirely.

See, the graph you see in the post above is showing you search trends; that is, as more people search for “pirates” on Google, less people are searching for “Global warming”. All this proves is that there’s a definite link between how much people care about pirates and how much people care about global warming.

Though interesting, the graph does nothing toward proving this theory.

The link below shows the “news reference volume”, which is how many times each item showed up in a news story somewhere on the Internet.

I think you’ll find that there is no correlation between the two other than their being on the same graph. Look at it.

In the end, then, this post proves nothing, only serving to make me suspicious as to other supposed “facts” that this website is spreading…

6. Alex says:

Lol, it works with pasta, pastafarianism… Try putting deforestation into the search: No correlation!

7. Eaver says:

Is it my imagination, or do my results look like Flying Spaghetti Monster Himself?…

8. TBags says:

what is also clear is that Wall Street has a particular disdain for pirates! As can be seen here, not only does global warming decrease with incresing pirate mass, but retail sales drop!