More evidence of the pirates – temperature relationship

Published April 4th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

The evidence for the relationship between pirates and global temperature continues to mount.

CNN reports, “The International Maritime Bureau, which tracks piracy, said in its annual report earlier this year that global pirate attacks rose by 10 percent in 2007, marking the first increase in three years. ”

cnn1.png

Then, BBC News reports “Global Temperatures to decrease“.

The mainstream media may ignore the pirate-temperature link that Pastafarians have long known, but soon the evidence will be so overwhelming that they cannot ignore the Truth.

Further evidence: Google Trends shows a very solid relationship.

glob-pirates2.png

That screenshot is remarkable and 100% legit – not doctored. You can try it yourself here.

Congrats to Pastafarians Oliver and Adrian for spotting the CNN/BBC evidence.

61 Responses to “More evidence of the pirates – temperature relationship”

1. Kelly says:

I think a friend of mine is going to be really happy with this news.
    (She has a thing for pirates, haha.)

2. Franko says:

Wow, I’m scared. I thought the pirate/global-warming thing was all in good fun – a distraction, while we prove that evolution is just an illusion by voting that it is so. Must go fetal for a while, in a dark room, and absorb all this.

3. Josh says:

Wow, this makes soo much sense.

4. long john silver says:

Get yourself a parrot! ‘Arrrgh, Jim, me lad!’

5. Explosivo says:

Al Gore won a Nobel Prize for talking about global warming. However, at the same time the last 5 years has seen the Pirates of the Caribbean series haul in over $700 million and has spiked a huge increase in pirate-clad people. So I ask you – who’s going to be right and who’s going to end up looking like an idiot in the fullness of time? When global temperatures start falling again because of the work of one man, the hero everyone will praise WON’T be Al Gore – it will be one John Christopher Depp II.

6. Song says:

Incredible. Truly incredible. This is converting material. I think I’ll show the landlubbers this, see what they have to say.

7. Gabe says:

Has anyone else spotted that the graph used is simple showing what people search for? So, as more people search for pirates, less people search for global warming.

So in the end, this graph proves nothing – though it is fun.
    And relying on those news stories as evidence is like trying to say that Ben Croshaw had something to do with the Princess Diana conspiracy…

8. marsupialninja says:

@Gabe
    No. That is not how this works at all.
    Just as the noodly appendage skews the results of carbon dating, it clearly has the intention of invalidating this graph to skeptics like you. However, in displaying unyielding faith for the FSM, I take this to be all the empirical evidence necessary to propagate the related beliefs. The mere fact that is exists is proof. In a couple thousand years or so, the age of this hard evidence will cement Him into if not above the ranks of other deities, Christian, Hindu, Muslim, and so forth.
    As I am staunch in my beliefs, I think your time would be better spent working on your Diana conspiracy theories rather than pointing out inconsistencies of a future inarguable reference.