Interview at Helium.com

Published April 7th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

Brian Duncan was nice enough to interview me for a Helium.com article.

An excerpt:

Q) Many people claim that Pastafarianism was created solely as an assault
to the Christians. How do you respond to this?

A) FSM was not created as an assault on Christianity or any other religion.
You could make the argument that it was to assault dogma and religion’s
disrespect of the separation of church and state. But, no matter how it
started, FSM is, today, seen as a legitimate religion by thousands of its
members. Many of us get something out of being Pastafarians; we enjoy being
part of this community. If it offends Christians, that was not our
intention. I like Jesus. I think he would have been a Pastafarian, had he
known about the FSM in his time.

You can find the entire interview here.

Anyone else notice the Scientology ads all over that page? Ha.

17 Responses to “Interview at Helium.com”

1 2 3
  1. I Drive a YAR-is says:

Jesus would be a Pastafarian? This won’t go over too well with the Christians.
    Let the flamewar begin

2. Cap'n Wolf says:

Congrats on the interview! It was awesome, and a good way to promote the goodness in our religion.

3. Lumyrra says:

“Jesus would be a Pastafarian? This won’t go over too well with the Christians.
    Let the flamewar begin”

I’m a Christian, and I don’t mind at all.

4. Valentinia says:

So I was looking at my roommie’s lyrics to Billy Bragg/Wilco, and there was a song about “Christ for President.”

Jesus would be really unelectable, don’t you think? I mean, if he was a modern day version of Jesus. “Fuggin’ hippie” and the like, right? I don’t imagine him running on the Republican ticket, or Democrat for that matter. Let’s say Jesus, His Noodliness, and His Holiness (the Dalai Lama) all ran against each other. Nobody would take FSM seriously, they’d criticize Christ’s policy plans, and His Holiness is Tibetan. So… maybe we would wind up secular after all! Yay!

5. Cape Buffalo says:

Jesus was a rebel. He sure as hell would have loved Pastafarianism; can’t say if he would have been one or not

And I know FSM shows no disrespect for Christians. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t disrespect them… I hate evangelical christians, and I also hate anyone who goes through life mindlessly believing in bullshit. I hate when people say shit like “trees grow leaves in the spring therefore there is a god.” “babies are born therefore there is a god.” Thats not evidence, wake the fuck up.

It seems like some other Pastafarians also share my opinion, prehaps thats whats bugging christians.

6. Ohio Pirate says:

Well done Bobby!
    I hope you don’t give this job up for any other in the world either. I have way too much fun on this site to even imagine it going away.
    RAmen to all!!

7. PacificPam says:

To any old pastafarian here. I already went to England and met Pluto…It was just great!
    Greetins from Panama to everybody out there…
    Argh..today I will get wasted with so much beer!

8. Kelly says:

I’ve just got three words for Cape Buffalo and Ohio Pirate:
    Chill, relax, spaghetti.

O yeah, and:
    RAmen. (Am I allowed to say that without having read his noodlyness’s Gospel (yet)? O well, I live in a free country, so I’ll say it again: RAmen.)

1 2 3