Do you know any building that did not have a builder?

Published April 11th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

1. Do you know any building that did not have a builder? Yes? No?
2. Do you know any painting that did not have a painter? Yes? No?
3. Do you know any car that did not have a maker? Yes? No?
If you answered “Yes” to any of those statements… please give details:______________________…

171 Responses to “Do you know any building that did not have a builder?”

1. steve sp says:

do you know of any analogy that doesn’t quite work the way the author originally intended? yes? no?

2. Tricia C. says:

the random frog took the words right out of my mouth.
    Thank you my random amphibian. :D

♥♥♥R’Amen♥♥♥

3. iKNOWwhereIMAgonnaGOwhentheBEERvolcanoBLOWS says:

No, all of those things were created by man to fulfill some kind of want or need, just like your god. Now some people don’t want or need cars. Some people don’t want or need paintings. Some people don’t even want or need buildings. Personally, I don’t want or need your god.

4. Eric says:

A faulty argument, for sure. The author chose 3 MAN MADE items. Of course they have to be made my man. It’s like asking for rabbit poop that wasn’t made by a rabbit.

5. Gabe says:

Comparing the creation of the universe to the assembly of a car demostrates a basic lack of prespective on your end.

P.S. Though i’m glad somebody understands what were saying, please go to a science centre or something and find out how much more complex everything in your life is than a simple feat of engineering

P.S.S. I’m quite certain that a car would evolve on its own, given the time and circumstances required

6. Brian says:

Do you know of any tree that did not have a planter?

7. Wdabrock says:

Gee, can I try?

1.) YES. A building, by definition is a permanent structure. A cave is a natural permanent structure. They can be made by men, but natural caves have been occupied by humans for centuries. In the Middle East, some temples are caves.

2.) YES. Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein popularized the art-form of lithography, which screen-prints images onto canvasses and poster paper. It is not deemed painting(using brushes) by art critics. Before both died, they insisted that they couldn’t paint, in the traditional sense, to save their lives.

3.) YES. Click this link to witness the 2008 World’s First Digital Car Design Contest. The cars are virtual and, ergo, not physically built. No maker, eh? See for yourself!

I WIN! I want a billion dollars, a pet monkey, and my $9 back for the new Indiana Jones movie, because it sucked.

8. P-tricky says:

Time to name that fallacy! This is a false dilemma. You claim that there are fewer possibilities than there actually are. Well done.

RAmen.