Do you know any building that did not have a builder?

Published April 11th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

1. Do you know any building that did not have a builder? Yes? No?
2. Do you know any painting that did not have a painter? Yes? No?
3. Do you know any car that did not have a maker? Yes? No?
If you answered “Yes” to any of those statements… please give details:______________________…

171 Responses to “Do you know any building that did not have a builder?”

1 2 3 21
  1. Physics Wench says:

Building with no builder=cave
    This one seems pretty self-explanatory.
    Painting with no painter=flower
    This might sound as if I’m waxing poetic, but I figure that paintings are just an arrangement of pigments on some medium, usually canvas. Since the colors in a flower are natural pigments, I figure that this works.
    Car with no maker is a tougher one. I guess that these days most cars are put together by robots, not people, so you might be able to make the argument that the car has no maker, or at least no living or conscience maker, although the things that make the car had a maker, and the car was designed by people, even if they did not do the actual construction. Side note, they do have robots that have designed and built other robots. I think that is really neat.

2. uhonest says:

Do you know any super-natural being that did not have a parent?
    If yes, please explain how he came to be…
    How is that any different from a building, painting, or car?

3. Newly found FSM worshipper says:

Why is this in Hate Mail?

4. BD says:

No, but I do know of a comment poster that did not have a brain. If this is the logic that is used for creating an entire belief system I pity you. One can always give the chance of a creator a .001 percent chance of having actually existed and created the universe. But if you decide to teach that idea you are not discovering anything you are only reaffirming what you gave already been told. You can not test whether or not there is godliness in something. One thing I take pride in is the fact that I do not need to know everything about everything but if I did I would use a source that is less than 2000 years old and wasn’t subject to a 2000 year game of telephone. Scientists can only show what the Universe was like when it was 3 trillionths of a second old, I know it’s not the definitive answer to your life but I still think it is commendable. I assume that you are open to the idea of a God, I hope that you can open your heart to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, it is He that will teach you not to be such a jerk.

5. Reed Braden says:

2. Do you know any painting that did not have a painter? Yes.

I forgot who it was, but there was an artist who bumped a cart and his tray of colours fell onto a canvas that was propped against the cart. The tray stuck on the canvas and then slid down. The end result was hung at MoMA for a few months in NYC.

6. mentos says:

How clever, you copied and pasted something from another hate mail to seem smart. Good for you!

And this is the worst of questions. It gives us only one option. However, if we answer no to these questions, that doesn’t mean god exists. In fact, it denies his existance because god was not made by someone, according to you people.

7. Captain Noodle says:

I’m so sick of seeing these stupid questions copied and pasted here, I mean don’t they realize that we’re not as simpleminded as they.

8. sehr gut! says:

1. no
    2. no
    3. no

so what’s you’re point?

oh, i get it, you mean humans were made by a humaner!!

1 2 3 21