Hacked

Published March 26th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

Our server has been the target of a ddos attack for the last couple of weeks. Many have noticed how infrequent the posts have been, and that the server has been down altogether several times – this is why.

We have a pretty good idea of which group is behind it, but I won’t mention their name here. You may be able to guess.

There have been some huge developments in FSM over the last couple of weeks – I’ll be putting up these posts soon.

Thank you for your patience.

88 Responses to “Hacked”

1. ET, the Extra Terrestrial says:

Dickheads.

“Violence is the last resort of the incompetent.”

Sorry to have been out of touch for a few weeks. Still trying to get back on an even keel. My physical woes have been mostly corrected, but other Stuff is still circling in the water, and it smells my blood.

DarkCityMedia (wherever you are), I sill owe you a response and some comments . I haven’t forgotten you, but my life is not being very user-friendly these days.

RAmen.

2. The Noodly Appendage says:

3. Ubi Dubium says:

@Curios Boy

“Just wondered how one cuestian. How do you explain things like a mirekal (if you guys use that word) like when somebody is trapped under a car or just something heavy. That they can lift it with their one hands. And that would be imposibble in some scientific way. i think you everybody has seen it on tv. like myself, i saw once a guy lift a helikopter(smal one) with his hands. and he could save his friend. if this wasnt god, how could this be posible. was it the fsm noddles that came down ad lifted it. just curios. please responde”

Sure – I’ll give you two answers:

1. Our bodies have a natural defense mechanism that prevents us from injuring ourselves by pushing ourselves to our absolute physical limit. That defense mechanism is “pain”. But under extreme circumstances, there is a “Fight or flight” response, with a huge surge of the hormone Adrenaline. When you, or a loved one, is in extreme danger, this response overwhelms your normal defenses, and allows you to use your muscles to their true maximum ability. It might appear superhuman, but it’s not. It’s just impressive.

Or – 2. There is really no gravity, the FSM got distracted and just stopped holding them down for a moment.

Take your pick.

RAmen

4. Devout Heathen says:

By the spicy meatballs of the FSM – you don’t pay attention for a few weeks and see what happens! Personally, and without a shred of evidence, I think this hack attack exudes the odour of a CoS smear campaign. There have been more attacks on various websites, all attributed to “Anonymous”. Including one especially filthy one where epileptics were exposed to fit-inducing flashing images. Of old, CoS would counter any argument with “But $FOO is a pedophile!” So now Anonymous rejoices in the undivided attention of these gits. Unwelcome, but hardly unexpected.

5. James D King of Pirates says:

For all those saying this is that “Anonymous” group, if it were so, why would we be on their scientology protests? Answer that random populous
    Ramen to all

6. Anonymous says:

“I have a few friends who’ve got skills I could always ask them for a li’l help if we get confirmation of the chaos-causing culprAts”

- I would suggest you not. If, as I speculate, it is the work of Scientology; do you really want to stoop to their level?
    - In addition, if you did, this would further give Scientology the ammunition against Anonymous. We’re trying hard to make a difference, but every blackhat and Ddoser with a problem is another step backwards.
    - April 12th Opperation Reconnect. Be heard.

7. Noodles in soy sauce says:

I think it’s time for us to unite and team up with a large noodle factory to wage the first carbohydrate war (CWI) against trans-fat, non-organic foodstuffs, GMO’s and low-quality kitchen implements. That may help us win over some converts and quite a few admirers in other religious camps, especially those who claim to have extraterrestrial origins (aliens for sure can tell good pasta from bad).

8. Roy Hunter says:

Is this denial of service attack why I can’t get registered with the discussion forum? I’ve tried a number of times and can’t get a reply.

I must remember to thank that nice Mr. Cruise the next time he passes by. I’ll deliberately crash my car so he gets out to help, because everybody knows non-Mr. Cruises are useless at helping during that sort of incident.

Pieces of eight!