Public hearings in Florida

Published January 6th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

evol2.jpgThe Florida State School Board is holding public hearings to talk about changes to science standards.

New standards were written by scientists and educators, but some evangelical Christians want Creationism and Intelligent Design taught as well.

Clearly, this is an issue that concerns us. Are there any Pastafarians in Florida willing to give us a first-hand report?

They’ve held a meeting in Jacksonville already. There’s a meeting in Fort Lauderdale next week.

You can read the article from First Coast News, though it does not say much.

A more informative article: here

*Update*

The meeting in Ft. Lauderdale is scheduled for:

JANUARY 8TH from 5:30-7:30pm at Everglades High School

Can anyone make it? A prize to anyone who shows up in pirate regalia and asks – respectfully – if the new standards will be inclusive of the beliefs of Pastafarians.

55 Responses to “Public hearings in Florida”

1 5 6 7
  1. ET, the Extra Terrestrial says:

Oops, sorry. I thought it said “Public hangings in Florida”. My bad.

Spaghetti tonight!! O splendiferous meal of wonder and delight!

2. ET, the Extra Terrestrial says:

Darn! It’s STILL not about public hanging. I’ll check again later. Maybe by then they’ll at least make these IDiots walk the plank. Or keel-haul them. Yeah, that’s it, keel-haul the lot of ‘em! Aarg! Hang ‘em from the yardarm! Shiver me timbers ‘n’ buckle me swashes!!

I can almost smell the sauce cooking….

3. Ohio Pirate says:

Wench Nikkiee,
    Thanks for the links. Very sad indeed!!!
    RAmen

4. piratesmee says:

@Wench Nickiee: Thanks for the report. Oh my FSM! How sad … but good for FSM in schools.

5. Remo says:

“Pastafarians Get into the Best Colleges”
    I heard a report on public radio about the Florida debate. They quoted a student who stated that he was afraid he would not get accepted to a decent university if he did not learn about the theory of evolution in school. I can’t find the link yet, but I’ll keep looking. You know the old saying, Pasta is brain food.

6. Tommy Simon says:

i LOVE Taylor Swift SOOOOOOOOO much

7. Marketta says:

Perfectly composed written content , thanks for entropy ;)

1 5 6 7