woman kicked off bus for reading the bible too loudly, claims persecution

Published January 3rd, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

biblelady1.jpg

CBS reports a lady was escorted off a public bus after reading the bible too loudly.

Lutz, a Seventh Day Adventist, and her children were on their way to church.

Lutz claims the driver told her it wasn’t the time or place to read the bible. “I said, ‘Oh, but it’s the perfect time and the perfect place since it is our Sabbath and it is the time with the Lord and therefore I’m going to continue.’ And I continued,” Lutz said.

A supervisor was called in, she refused to quiet down, and was escorted off the bus. She now claims she was being persecuted for her beliefs.

You can read about it here.

A note to the Bus Lady: That’s not persecution. Persecution would have been if the rest of the bus was full of Muslim and Hindu passengers, all reading their religious texts loudly, and you – and only you – were kicked off the bus for reading aloud from your Christian Bible. What happened is that you were being rude and insensitive to the other passengers, wanted special treatment, and were rejected.

104 Responses to “woman kicked off bus for reading the bible too loudly, claims persecution”

1 7 8 9 10 11 13
  1. C_Feli says:

I think we need a fellow Pastafarian who lives in Denver to ride a bus and read from our Gospel too loudly to see what happens.
    If our Pastafarian brother/sister is also thrown off the bus, then her claim is pretty much dead in the water.

2. C_Felix says:

Okay..the above (or below) post was from me.

My

3. C_Felix says:

Argh! Again!

Noodly appendages galore are messing with me!

Okay..the above (or below) post was from me.

My left pinkie was faster to the tab button as oppsoed to my left ring finger getting to the ‘X’ and the end of Felix.

Ugh.

4. Ghandi says:

“I dislike your Christians, they’re so unlike your Christ”

5. Wench Nikkiee says:

I don’t normally get interested in American politics (we have our own) but I just came across this….
    “STOP HOUSE RESOLUTION 888 ! WHAT IS H. RES 888 ? WHAT WILL IT DO ?”
    “Introduced by Congressman Randy Forbes December 18 in the US House Of Representatives, H. Res 888 claims to be about “”Affirming the rich spiritual and religious history of our Nation’s founding and subsequent history and expressing support for designation of the first week in May as `American Religious History Week’ for the appreciation of and education on America’s history of religious faith.”
    “Actually, the resolution is packed with lies – American history lies to be specific. The preceding link is to a story by Talk To Action contributor Chris Rodda, author of Liars For Jesus: The Religious Right’s Alternate Version Of American History, and Rodda painstakingly debunks a number of the myriad American history lies to be found in Randy Forbes’s House Resolution 888.”
    HRES 888 IH 110th CONGRESS
    1st Session: H. RES. 888
    “Whereas religious faith was not only important in official American life during the periods of discovery, exploration, colonization, and growth but has also been acknowledged and incorporated… (Introduced in House)”
    That frightens the sh*t out of me ….and I’m an Aussie…. and Australia is a fairly secular country.
    Why does it scare me? It’s the idea of the religious right extremists getting there fingers forever closer to any of *those* big red buttons! Any buttons at all! Brrr….
    Also will *stuff* like this make it easier for the ID sales conmen to get their pseudo science into schools?

6. ☠DutchPastaGuy☠ says:

“STOP HOUSE RESOLUTION 888 ! WHAT IS H. RES 888 ? WHAT WILL IT DO ?”
    Oh shit, here we go again with the revisionist history rewriting. The Democratic takeover of both houses on Congress in 2006 was supposed to have fixed this crap. But nope, not nearly good enough. The item Nikkiee flagged up comes just after another one of these stinkers just passed:
    Thanks for pointing out H. Res. 888. The Secular Coalition for America (http://www.secular.org/) probably would be aware of it already, but I forwarded them the url anyway. Maybe they’ll put up an action alert for it to their members.

7. jon says:

hah what an artard

8. Pluto says:

@Pacific Pam- “@Pluto – Special bus…you mean it should be blue and have white chairs…like the special parking spots?”
    Yep that’s the one. Could do with straps like an over sized child seat to stop her hurting herself.
    Personally I think she was being discriminated against. I believe, that in the spirit of fairness’ there should be a representative of every religion on every bus reading from their own holy book as loudly as they can. Think of how good that would sound!

1 7 8 9 10 11 13