woman kicked off bus for reading the bible too loudly, claims persecution

Published January 3rd, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

biblelady1.jpg

CBS reports a lady was escorted off a public bus after reading the bible too loudly.

Lutz, a Seventh Day Adventist, and her children were on their way to church.

Lutz claims the driver told her it wasn’t the time or place to read the bible. “I said, ‘Oh, but it’s the perfect time and the perfect place since it is our Sabbath and it is the time with the Lord and therefore I’m going to continue.’ And I continued,” Lutz said.

A supervisor was called in, she refused to quiet down, and was escorted off the bus. She now claims she was being persecuted for her beliefs.

You can read about it here.

A note to the Bus Lady: That’s not persecution. Persecution would have been if the rest of the bus was full of Muslim and Hindu passengers, all reading their religious texts loudly, and you – and only you – were kicked off the bus for reading aloud from your Christian Bible. What happened is that you were being rude and insensitive to the other passengers, wanted special treatment, and were rejected.

104 Responses to “woman kicked off bus for reading the bible too loudly, claims persecution”

1. Resonator says:

Maybe she’ll spend a lot of money on her court case before it gets dismissed. We could all go stand in her front yard and read the bible loudly through a megaphone for several hours while she’s trying to sleep, and see if she persecutes us.

2. Johnny Landlubber says:

If she can make the point that she was discriminated against for her beliefs, then we, as Pastafarians, can eat pasta on the bus. But even further than that, we have a right, nay, a responsibility, to display for everyone the glory of pasta and it’s wondrous interactions with our taste buds. So on the bus, eat pasta, me maties! And let’s chew with our mouths open!

3. flyingspaghettiapostle says:

I can’t believe I’m related to these people.

4. new york pastafarian says:

haha

thats note persecution, its an idiot reading to loud, it makes no difference if its a bible or moby dick for fsm’s sake

5. Pacific Pam says:

Fuck…I read prosecution instead of persecution…
    I am such a dyslexic….

6. Captain NoBeard Scallywag says:

I don’t know what her bus was like, but on the ones around here you have to speak up pretty loudly if you want anyone besides the person right next to you to hear. If the driver could make out the words she was saying despite the general hubub and noise of the bus ride, there is no doubt in my mind that she must have been loud to the point of rudeness.

7. Captain Noodle says:

Pam…..persecution.

8. BlacKats says:

Lutz… rhymes with Putz… nuff said.

Arrrghmen