woman kicked off bus for reading the bible too loudly, claims persecution

Published January 3rd, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

biblelady1.jpg

CBS reports a lady was escorted off a public bus after reading the bible too loudly.

Lutz, a Seventh Day Adventist, and her children were on their way to church.

Lutz claims the driver told her it wasn’t the time or place to read the bible. “I said, ‘Oh, but it’s the perfect time and the perfect place since it is our Sabbath and it is the time with the Lord and therefore I’m going to continue.’ And I continued,” Lutz said.

A supervisor was called in, she refused to quiet down, and was escorted off the bus. She now claims she was being persecuted for her beliefs.

You can read about it here.

A note to the Bus Lady: That’s not persecution. Persecution would have been if the rest of the bus was full of Muslim and Hindu passengers, all reading their religious texts loudly, and you – and only you – were kicked off the bus for reading aloud from your Christian Bible. What happened is that you were being rude and insensitive to the other passengers, wanted special treatment, and were rejected.

104 Responses to “woman kicked off bus for reading the bible too loudly, claims persecution”

1 11 12 13
  1. wpolscemamymocneseo says:

What an amazing news. I am really impressed. Keep writing man

2. Charmain Kaneta says:

My wife and i were very comfortable when Chris could finish up his reports by way of the ideas he had from your web page. It is now and again perplexing just to find yourself giving away helpful tips which usually some others have been selling. So we recognize we need the writer to give thanks to because of that. Most of the explanations you’ve made, the simple web site menu, the relationships you can give support to instill – it is all unbelievable, and it’s really assisting our son in addition to us reckon that that content is cool, and that’s highly pressing. Many thanks for everything!

3. Baby says:

magnificent post, very informative. I wonder why the other specialists of this sector do not notice this. You must continue your writing. I am sure, you’ve a great readers’ base already!

4. Keith says:

So, is your god the one responsible for posting all of this blogging? if so, what a childish and petty minded creature it is!

5. Wayne says:

Thanks for your patience Keith.

There is an issue at the moment with the server. I am forced to manually remove each one of these, and have to sift through them as there are regulars and legitimate posts mixed in with them, and I don’t want to remove those.

My apologies if this causes any problems. If I have accidentally removed any posts that I shouldn’t have, please understand it was in error.

6. Keith says:

Sorry Wayne: My post wasn’t aimed at you. It was posted as a reply to some twit who claimed that deeds don’t earn rewards in heaven: only a rigid adherence to the belief in his god.

7. Keith says:

PS: You may have removed said posting accidentally. It did not contribute anything and wasn’t as amusing as some of the more “foaming at the mouth” rants we sometimes get.

8. Wayne says:

That’s fine mate, at the moment I would have read it as ‘why the hell are we being spammed like this’…

Thanks for your understanding!

1 11 12 13