woman kicked off bus for reading the bible too loudly, claims persecution

Published January 3rd, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

biblelady1.jpg

CBS reports a lady was escorted off a public bus after reading the bible too loudly.

Lutz, a Seventh Day Adventist, and her children were on their way to church.

Lutz claims the driver told her it wasn’t the time or place to read the bible. “I said, ‘Oh, but it’s the perfect time and the perfect place since it is our Sabbath and it is the time with the Lord and therefore I’m going to continue.’ And I continued,” Lutz said.

A supervisor was called in, she refused to quiet down, and was escorted off the bus. She now claims she was being persecuted for her beliefs.

You can read about it here.

A note to the Bus Lady: That’s not persecution. Persecution would have been if the rest of the bus was full of Muslim and Hindu passengers, all reading their religious texts loudly, and you – and only you – were kicked off the bus for reading aloud from your Christian Bible. What happened is that you were being rude and insensitive to the other passengers, wanted special treatment, and were rejected.

104 Responses to “woman kicked off bus for reading the bible too loudly, claims persecution”

1. Ande says:

that would leave like one spot per bus left for the public and what about all other means of transportation? cars, ferries, airplanes, pirateships, bikes, spaceshuttles, canoes, rollerblades, tractors. It would require a lot of religios people on reading duty, might not be that fun either

2. Jennyanydots says:

@ Ande – it’s not supposed to be fun, it’s a sacred duty.

3. James D says:

about that resolution 888 (ironicly its the beasts (666 hahah) older brother) but yes she should lose, its not discrimination its being fair, no one is allowed to do that, its just a quick money grab, and pirates dont rob booty and steal wenches, that was all christion smear because they were pastafarians also, i am very glad i am canadian

4. The Yantho says:

I think this lady might havea a point. Well, depending on HOW loud she was reading. If she ws just reading to her kids and people take offense, then more power to her. If she was actually trying to deliver a homily to cleanse the sins of the bus, then it’s a different story. I don’t complain to the driver when I am subjected to listening to some 13 year old girl’s highly important conversation about her poignant thoughts on Justn Timberlake. But then again, he is pretty dreamy.

5. Joe's Wench says:

Hail to the bus driver, bus driver, bus driver, hail to the bus driver, bus driver man. His meatballs truly are huge. Ramen to him. Lady I’m sorry for you to had to have found out the hard way, but the rules apply to EVERYONE! I’m tired of the arrogance that some christians have these days.

6. Becca says:

What is hilarious about these people? Everything. If I started preaching on a bus, I would be kicked off, too. In fact, maybe we should conduct a few experiments. Maybe we should have a national convention and take public buses there, and preach on the way. Actually, let’s just have a convention.

7. Pluto says:

@Becca-
    Or we could all get jobs as bus drivers and preach wile we drive. You can’t kick the driver off the bus, it won’t go anywhere!

8. Unfairness says:

I think if she gets that money, I am going to sue her for ticking me off. I would say that if someone did this near me on the bus, I’d say, “Yeah, I’m a big fan of Fiction too.” I don’t mean to tick anyone off, but seriously, most religious faiths that read from the Bible are stuck up. I’m fine with anyone being any religion, so long as it doesn’t hurt anything and you don’t force me to join.