I stumbled upon this site just now

Published January 13th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

I stumbled upon this site just now and I’ve read most of the information here…I have to admit that it really disturbs me. I COMPLETELY AGREE that religion should not be taught in a science class at public schools (this debate is going on where I live too). However, I am really offended by the way the Open Letter and the other information completely makes fun of Christianity and the arguments that some Christians have made for intelligent design. Also, the T-shirt designs are blatantly disrespectful of Christianity. As a Christian myself, I find it very saddening that God has become replaceable by an imaginary ball of pasta in the minds of an apparently large number of people.

I only ask this: Please keep your minds and hearts OPEN to God and anything He tells you. God is with you always, and He wants you to know Him and follow His path for your life. Just make sure, as attractive as the FSM-god may be, that you are not worshiping him and placing him ahead of the GOD who is REAL and alive today.

Any comments are appreciated, and may God bless you all.
-Rachel-

195 Responses to “I stumbled upon this site just now”

1 2 3 25
  1. kaelinring says:

Rachel, I have a favour to ask of you:
    Please keep your mind and heart OPEN to the FSM and anything He tells you. The FSM is with you always, and He wants you to know Him and follow His path for your life. Just make sure, as attractive as God may be, that you are not worshiping him and placing him ahead of the FSM who is REAL and alive today. (You can place God after the FSM, just make sure you use protection.)
    Any comments are appreciated, and may FSM bless you.
    Ah, I love how you can replace God with FSM and it sounds much more logical. She sais God is real, eh? I’d like to see her prove God is more real than the FSM.

2. PiratePreacher says:

Wow. I am stunned. A “hate-mail” without a single spelling mistake. Kudos Rachel.

3. jjk says:

Rachel,
    Thank you for your concern for us but we take our religion very seriously. For you to assume your god is true and ours is false is very demeaning. What evidence do you have that says your god is the one? Have an open mind and you may see the actual truth.
    May the FSM keep his arms around you !!!

4. PirateFridge™ says:

You appear to have got the wrong end of the stick, we are not mocking Christianity (or any other religion for that matter), we are just spreading the word of our lord, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, who is blatantly the creator of the universe. Also, did you ever stop to think that *we* might be offended by the fact that the Spaghedeity has become replaceable by an imaginary bearded man in the sky by an apparently large number of people?

Please, keep your mind *open* to the FSM and the things he tells you. His Noodly Appendages are with you always; He wants you to know Him and follow His Noodly Path for your life. Please try to make sure, as attractive as Jehovah/Yahweh/Jesus may be, that you aren’t worshipping them and/or placing them ahead of the FSM, who is *real*, alive and partying in heaven at this very moment.

A response would be appreciated, and may He touch you with His Noodly Appendages. RAmen.

5. Spaghetti Scientist says:

It saddens me that the FSM has become replaceable by an imaginary bearded guy in the sky in the minds of an apparently large number of people.

6. brian t says:

The letter is nice, so I’m going to limit to myself to nice comments only. Here goes:

(this space intentionally left blank)

7. patheifarian wench says:

I get really offended that Christians seem to think that they have some kind of entitlement to be offended by any and all things that disagree with their religion.

This attitude would seem to be coming from a presumption of being 1. correct and 2. in the majority, as evidenced in this phrase here: “Just make sure, as attractive as the FSM-god may be, that you are not worshiping him and placing him ahead of the GOD who is REAL and alive today.”

This high and mighty attitude; that somehow it is your magnanimous tolerance which ‘allows’ the existence of other religions in the world, is exactly what’s wrong with American Evangelical and Baptist dogma – and whatever dogma it is that you personally follow. It is the same thing that is wrong with any “recruit and convert” religion in the world. You’re all so busy being convinced that you’re right and that the ‘other’ muct be converted, you lose sight of the body count, and the lives you are ruining.

The ‘son’ of your ‘God’ preached a philosophy of ‘live and let live’ – it couldn’t be more clear. So what’s wrong with you?

You are not entitled to be offended by my Pastafarian faith, any more than I am entitled to be offended by Chrisitanity. You are, quite simply, Not Entitled. If you believe, then great – if you want to read about my faith, even better. But don’t post dumb messages trying to convert me/us… It’s not your place.

I pray that one day you will let His noodly appendage touch your soul.

8. tubby says:

Sorry, but religion is no longer going to get away with being respected by default. We don’t hesitate to call people out on their whacky political ideas, religion is no different. In fact religion should be called out MORE as it claims to greater knowledge.

Rachel, maybe it is YOU that needs to be open to the idea that god and religion are man-made, and that you are an atheist when it comes to all the other gods, it just happens your were born into one religion. A total accident.

You cherry-pick bits of the bible, but which morality do you use to do so? THink about it.

1 2 3 25