I came across your site

Published January 30th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

I came across your site through Answers in Genesis. I have a couple of comments to make.

Anyone can make up a religion these days. What you propose to people is just silly. Lets be real here.

What is your authority to say how things started? I ask because we must go back to some authority in which we can say such things. Also, how can you then get to Heaven? How are we saved? Why are we in the mess, that we are?

Jesus Christ died for us, so that we could have life. Can you say the same thing about your “God”?
2Pe 2:1
But false prophets arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. 1 These false teachers 2 will 3 infiltrate your midst 4 with destructive heresies, 5 even to the point of 6 denying the Master who bought them. As a result, they will bring 7 swift destruction on themselves.

2Pe 2:2
And many will follow their debauched lifestyles. 1 Because of these false teachers, 2 the way of truth will be slandered. 3

2Pe 2:19
Although these false teachers promise 1 such people 2 freedom, they themselves are enslaved to 3 immorality. 4 For whatever a person succumbs to, to that he is enslaved. 5

7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate, because the gate is wide and the way is spacious that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 7:14 But the gate is narrow and the way is difficult that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Living For Jesus
Joel

134 Responses to “I came across your site”

1. Atticus Finch says:

Honestly, religion has no authority as realistic. It is the human idea of metaphysical order in which some deity constructed everything. Quite frankly, nothing can prove or disprove such ideas because the very core concept of this idea is that no one can even comprehend it. Its a giant paradox that just pisses off a lot of people.

2. Captain Joe says:

Actually, thats something i never understood about Christianity. They say “Jesus died so we could live”.

In what way? Would the universe just have exploded or something if he didn’t die for us?

3. Ender wigin says:

Ahhhh, my favourite christian technique. Showing quotes from the bible themed:
    Listen to me. not that guy, no me.
    As we dont belive in his god, or the nonsensical ramblings of long forgotten prophets, telling exactly where in thier great book of nonsense certain lies can be found, wastes everyones time.

4. Alex says:

Captain Joe – they don’t actually mean that. What they mean (and someone correct me if I’m wrong, all I have to go on is primary school teachings) is that when Jesus died, he basically took the blame for all the bad things that Man did before he died, so it was like a clean slate after he died.

5. Cap'n Wolf says:

Right on, Fussilier.

6. pg says:

“What is your authority to say how things started?”

Then i must ask this kind person. What is your authority to say how things started?

7. Irate Pirate says:

Well, your right about one thing. Anyone can make up a Religion, *cough Christianity. Our god didnt have to die for our sins. and, whew, he died for 3 days, but then came back to life? Do you think zombie’s are real too? Im sick of people saying, “well prove god doesnt exist.” it is the most aggrivating line ever uttered. If there is no proof to say something exist’s then it should be considered that it does not exist. Take Superman for instance. There are Countless books written about him, how can you say for a fact that he doesnt exist. Prove he doesnt exist. And dont say he doesnt exist because what he does is physically impossible, cause im fairly certain coming back to life and being able to pass through all matter, along with being invisble is impossible. Prove to me that he or the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesnt exist.

8. Memoriam says:

Yes, anyone CAN make up a religion. That’s kind of the point, genius.