I came across your site

Published January 30th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

2Pe 2:1
But false prophets arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. 1 These false teachers 2 will 3 infiltrate your midst 4 with destructive heresies, 5 even to the point of 6 denying the Master who bought them. As a result, they will bring 7 swift destruction on themselves.

2Pe 2:2
And many will follow their debauched lifestyles. 1 Because of these false teachers, 2 the way of truth will be slandered. 3

2Pe 2:19
Although these false teachers promise 1 such people 2 freedom, they themselves are enslaved to 3 immorality. 4 For whatever a person succumbs to, to that he is enslaved. 5

7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate, because the gate is wide and the way is spacious that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 7:14 But the gate is narrow and the way is difficult that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Living For Jesus
Joel

133 Responses to “I came across your site”

1 2 3 17
  1. Benel Germosen says:

This is, of course, is based on the idea that the proposed audience you’re speaking to via this mail are all Christians.

Believe it or not, they are people who are religious but aren’t Christians.

2. Tommy J says:

Hey! Check out the above post! Wow! I love this idea (FSM) – but quoting scripture in defense of intelligent design? Come on! Onviously the above guy has: 1 No sense of humour 2 A unwaivering and unquestioning belief in a dogmatic sytem 3 too much time on his hands. (4 he also doesn’t put punctuation after his 5 bible line numbers)

Anyway Joel, none of these things are bad on their own, but all three traits wrapped up in a slightly suggestable male youth lead to, well…ever heard of Waco? Columbine? Jihad? or… The Crusades? Mormons? The Republican National Convention? A Soccer Riot? No?

People who quote scripture scare me. Hey Joel, keep up the good work with the bible study, buddy, but if you ever find your self climbing the the stairs of a campus clock tower with a .306 remmington avec bremnar scope all hidden in a flower box, don’t say I didn’t warn you.

living for Pasta,
    Tommy J

PS – It’s the first time I’ve replied to this type of thing and I got to admit that if I ran around the interwebs posting retorts to everyone who quoted scripture in defence of their beliefs I’d have carpal tunnel, a really bad hemorrhoid and a worse sex life than I do now. Ouch.

3. Fuchs says:

Dear Joel,

I believe that most religions were made up a quite some years ago. And the people that wrote other religious books.. Did they have any athority of saying how thigs started?
    Our God doesn’t find it very usefull to let someone die, so others can live. He thinks it rather unfair, or maybe he is just to busy doing meaningfull things like watching TV or shooting pool.

RAmen

4. Dennis says:

“Anyone can make up a religion these days. What you propose to people is just silly. Lets be real here.”

Exactly, and the same thing happened a few thousand years ago. Christianity – as any other religion – is man made. God did not create man – man created God. Let’s be real here.

“What is your authority to say how things started? I ask because we must go back to some authority in which we can say such things. Also, how can you then get to Heaven? How are we saved? Why are we in the mess, that we are?”

What authority says that God exists? Who told you that God exists? Your parents? The local priest? My point is, that just because someone says that ‘something’ is true, doesn’t actually make it so. We need evidence. We need evidence that God exists. We need evidence, that there really is a Heaven. If you come across this evidence, please let us know. Until then, the criticism you have for The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, is just as true for Christianity. You can’t proved that God created the world, and you can’t disapprove that the Spaghetti Monster created the world.

5. geek says:

Bible quotes! I am convinced now, Joel! That’s almost as good as real science!

6. Lazlow says:

“What is your authority to say how things started?”
    What is your authority for saying anything to the opposite of the Flying Spaghetti Monster? I’d say before you proclaim The Flying Spaghetti Monster as false, you should bring some proof of your deity to the table. Show some proof of Heaven and Hell, show some proof of God’s miracles perhaps. Answer the age old question of why does god hate amputees (www.whydoesgodhateamputees.com)?

7. ☠DutchPastaGuy☠ says:

@Joel
    “I came across your site through Answers in Genesis. I have a couple of comments to make. Anyone can make up a religion these days. What you propose to people is just silly. Lets be real here.”
    Agreed, it’s silly. But certainly no sillier than what Answers in Genesis proposes. Much less silly in fact. Pastafarianism doesn’t make many (if any) claims that go against reproducible, verifyable scientific evidence. AiG does, a lot.

“What is your authority to say how things started?”
    Our prophet Bobby Henderson had a revelation! Through him we have received His word, as written down in the Gospel of the FSM. I have faith!
    “I ask because we must go back to some authority in which we can say such things.”
    The FSM that spoke through Bobby is the highest authority in the universe. You know, the One who created it all in the first place.
    “Also, how can you then get to Heaven? How are we saved?”
    Obey the 8 ‘I’d really rather you didn’t’ statements and you automatically have an afterlife full of cool drinks and hot strippers to look forward to. Open your heart to the FSM and you will see life in a completely different way, both your life here on earth and the one after that. Of course you’re completely free to believe whatever you want, no pressure, but I would gently remind you that stale beer and old strippers with horribly wrinkled skin and artificial limbs is not something you want to risk. So the wisest thing to do (Google ‘Pascals wager’) is to embrace the FSM and the wisdom of His word (on rare occasions when He is sober) as written down in the Gospel of the FSM. RAmen.
    “Why are we in the mess, that we are?”
    Ok, I have to concede the point here. There is such a mess because our almighty, merciful deity, the FSM, noodles be forever upon Him, is actually a semi-continuously drunken piece of bungling incompetence, as far as almighty deities go.
    “Jesus Christ died for us, so that we could have life. Can you say the same thing about your “God”?”
    Of course. Jesus was the son of the FSM! You didn’t know that?! Some christians were upset to learn this. Yet noone has ever met the challenge to produce evidence that it isn’t so. There is an online challenge to come up with evidence that it isn’t so. Any christian who has convincing evidence that jesus is not he son of the FSM can win a fortune.
    It was such a great tragedy that in another bout of drunkenness, the FSM let jesus be nailed to a wooden bar. He later regretted it terribly, letting his son suffer so horribly for no good reason whatsoever. I assume you’ll agree that creating suffering doesn’t help to make the world a better place. You’d have a pretty sick world view if you thought the way forward is by placing people in terrible agony.

8. Red DutchPasta Wench says:

Come on guys: he gets here through Answers in Genesis, doesn’t that say enough? Quotes of scriptue to prove said scripture is about the level I’d expect sadly enough.

1 2 3 17