As a moderate Christian pastor

Published January 24th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

As a moderate Christian pastor, I’m afraid I can’t join your religion, but I certainly appreciate its goals. Let it be known that not all Christians are goober-heads and some do believe in more of a live and let live philosophy. I figure that if all religions kind of kept it to “Love God (as you understand God), love your neighbor, and share what you have,” we’d all be better off. Any way, thanks to the FSM prophet for the peace offering.
-Dread Pirate David

78 Responses to “As a moderate Christian pastor”

1. brian t says:

I read that as “As a moderate Christian pastor, I’m afraid I can’t join your religion, but I certainly appreciate its goats”. Sorry…

2. Edgard The Heretic says:

This is the Kind of christian we need, Would you be interested in a job On our church? we Haver cookies

3. Von Haus says:

yay a moderate christian pasta

4. Scuba Steve says:

I like that he said “goober-heads”. oh, yeah, and the whole peace bit. Mostly the goober-heads.

5. Lynn says:

Wow, he even uses quotation marks!

6. irate Pirate says:

Interesting…Im not sure how to respond. Dave seems to be both educated & lucid which is something you rarely encounter from xtian contributors. You sir, are commended for your rationale but a moderate you are not. Sadly most of your brethren would consider your stance radical indeed.
    Stay radical dude !
    Paul M.
    Windsor, Ontario
    Canada…confirmed Pirate.

7. Maurog says:

Fizzmick, there is nothing demonstrably false about “Love God (as you understand God), love your neighbor, and share what you have.” People are entitled to any beliefs they want. As long as nobody forces their beliefs on others or tries to present them as science, we can all get along, atheists, monotheists (including Pastafarians), polytheists and other theists.

Really, the world needs more people like Dread Pirate David.

8. Spagatelli says:

Yes, he I like this Christian as well. He did not threaten to eat my god, and he did not call me gay. I wish the world had more fundies like him.