Who’s doing the demonizing?

Published December 8th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

Who’s doing the demonizing? I suppose you live south of the 49th, but Athiests who refrain from thrusting an agenda on others (and yes, lots of religious folks do do that) do not get very much flack here. Nor do Sihks, Buddhists or Unitarians. These sects do not, and this is where it might be instructional to your group to sit up and pay attention, construct websites with the single clear purpose being to discredit spiritual people. You are disrespectful and frankly, not too evolved. The rest of the world is striving to move toward to-ler-ance and you’d be well advised to follow suit. I don’t wear a turban, carry a hymn book, wear a cross, a ceremonial sword, I don’t wear blessed underwear or confer with tree goods but I do know that we’d all be better off saying, “I agree to disagree” and cease and desist with campaigns to uncover someone else’s faith as a sham. I think defamation is the word you’re looking for, as opposed to demonisation, unless whereever you’re from really IS the way it’s depicted in South Park (I thought it was a parody!) no one is “DEMONISING” intellectual curiousity,…that’s called ‘science’.

Your logic is not up to snuff. So, if this is not in the name of humour, it’s in the name of logic. Excuse me while I go and ponder that disconnect. There are many, many illogical things that happen in the world with amazing regularity. Does that necessitate a campaign to discredit it? One example, so many people gorge on fastfood that obesity is an epidemic. —> Therefore we should start a campaign to uncover their stupidity and shame them into more informed behaviour while acting as laugh material for the rest of us non-fatties. (the ones who know “the truth” about food)

Have you ever heard of relativism? Do you know that the chances are very, very good that Jesus, the Bhudda (arguably several incarnations) and Muhhomed (sp?) all walked the earth?
-Meichan

73 Responses to “Who’s doing the demonizing?”

1. DelvenMelven says:

Im sorry, but after reading your post i grew so confused i had to read it AGAIN. I then found that you are complaining about athiests “thrusting” their opinion/beliefs upon you, first of all you are not forced to look at this website, YOU chose to. Secondly you said you were not a “gung-ho” man of religion, I then asked myself why a conservative person like yourself would be posting your opinion and therefore beliefs on a ATHIEST website, hang on that means you are a “gung-ho” religionist, OMNEG (oh my non-existent god) you are CONTRADICTING YOURSELF!!!!!
    Ps-short posts make you semm less like an idiot, try it when you next force your beliefs upon me.

2. Wemch Nikkiee says:

@roger the cabin boy Dec 9th, 2007 at 3:05 pm
    “wtf why is everything so big?
    Hi roger good to hear from you again after so long. Hope you’ve been keeping your cutlass and dirk sharp ;)
    Big? Probably just another Matrix adjustment.

3. Boarg says:

“There are many, many illogical things that happen in the world with amazing regularity. Does that necessitate a campaign to discredit it?”
    Er.. the world or the illogic. Illogic is kind of already discredited, isn’t it? And how can one discredit the world?

“so many people gorge on fastfood that obesity is an epidemic. —> Therefore we should start a campaign to uncover their stupidity and shame them into more informed behaviour”
    A bit aggressive but yes, obese peole should be told to refrain from gorging on fast food and then they won’t be obese anymore. Doctors, I believe, support this view.

4. Born Again Atheist says:

Speaking as a failed indoctrinee of the catholic faith, I encourage everyone (especially the idiot who wrot e the initial hate mail) to read the book “The God Delusion” by Richard Dawkins. I’m sure there are other books, but this is the one I have read. He does a pretty good job of discrediting all religion (although I’m sure he gets the FSM joke, Aar!). This world would be far better off without religion. We as the human race have come far enough (yes evolved enough, most of us anyway) that we can shed these mystical falsehoods called religion for the real truth. There is no need to “believe” or have “faith” in anything. Religion in my opinion is nothing more than a haven for the ignorant people of the world who don’t want to understand the universe for what it is, a great big game of chance. They walk around saying, “I don’t understand that, therefore God did it.” You lazy bastards, get off your fat duff and learn how something works! I have studied statistics and I understand the probability of anything happening given enough time. I had a physics professor in college who assigned his graduate students to calculate the probability that a person standing next to a wall would spontaneously flash out of existence and then flash back into existence on the other side of the wall fully assembled as they were before. Beleive it or not, the answer is NOT zero, but don’t hold your breath waiting for it to happen either. In conclusion, there is no God, save the FSM, no matter what God you “believe” in. How’s that for intolerance?

5. kb says:

“Do you know that the chances are very, very good that Jesus, the Bhudda (arguably several incarnations) and Muhhomed (sp?) all walked the earth?”

Maybe, but the chances that they actually all did walk into a bar together seem remote at best.

6. Smoke Eater says:

Hey, I just went fishing with Jesus last week. Does the fact that here in Wisconsin everyone can walk on water in the winter mean I should be awed by the fact that Jesus Ramierez pulled a fish from a hole in da Ice donchaknow. (Has anyone ever noticed the similaritys between fish bait and the great noodly one? His pastaness always provides.)

7. expie says:

Who’s doing the demonizing?

You apparently, if ad hominem comments count.

If you want to be tolerated, respect my opinions.

8. BorkBorkBork says:

“One example, so many people gorge on fastfood that obesity is an epidemic. —> Therefore we should start a campaign to uncover their stupidity and shame them into more informed behaviour while acting as laugh material for the rest of us non-fatties. (the ones who know “the truth” about food)”

Actually, I would be more inclined to mock (or otherwise oppose) fast food and its advocates, if it were forced (literally) down the throats of students. Be careful to make your analogies accurate…