Who’s doing the demonizing?

Published December 8th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

Who’s doing the demonizing? I suppose you live south of the 49th, but Athiests who refrain from thrusting an agenda on others (and yes, lots of religious folks do do that) do not get very much flack here. Nor do Sihks, Buddhists or Unitarians. These sects do not, and this is where it might be instructional to your group to sit up and pay attention, construct websites with the single clear purpose being to discredit spiritual people. You are disrespectful and frankly, not too evolved. The rest of the world is striving to move toward to-ler-ance and you’d be well advised to follow suit. I don’t wear a turban, carry a hymn book, wear a cross, a ceremonial sword, I don’t wear blessed underwear or confer with tree goods but I do know that we’d all be better off saying, “I agree to disagree” and cease and desist with campaigns to uncover someone else’s faith as a sham. I think defamation is the word you’re looking for, as opposed to demonisation, unless whereever you’re from really IS the way it’s depicted in South Park (I thought it was a parody!) no one is “DEMONISING” intellectual curiousity,…that’s called ‘science’.

Your logic is not up to snuff. So, if this is not in the name of humour, it’s in the name of logic. Excuse me while I go and ponder that disconnect. There are many, many illogical things that happen in the world with amazing regularity. Does that necessitate a campaign to discredit it? One example, so many people gorge on fastfood that obesity is an epidemic. —> Therefore we should start a campaign to uncover their stupidity and shame them into more informed behaviour while acting as laugh material for the rest of us non-fatties. (the ones who know “the truth” about food)

Have you ever heard of relativism? Do you know that the chances are very, very good that Jesus, the Bhudda (arguably several incarnations) and Muhhomed (sp?) all walked the earth?
-Meichan

73 Responses to “Who’s doing the demonizing?”

1 2 3 10
  1. Nick says:

First!

Nice email. I have to agree with most of what you say, especially the part where religions should shut the hell up. That is, up until you think we should. The point of this religion is the website, so it’s certainly not going down.

2. Captain Noodle says:

Do you have some kind of point your trying to make? Or were you just going for length.

3. Lazor says:

It’s great to come back and see some good old bad grammar and spelling. Why the hell is your font size so big anyway?

4. mikeb says:

Wow that was huge. Actually alot of fundies try to demonize science, all you have to do is watch the 700 Club and anything on the trinity network or any of the other religious networks. Christianity has always tried to downplay any advancements in science. There is actually historical evidence for Buddha and Mohammed, than there is for Jesus. It’s amazing there is nothing outside the new testament, that even mentions Jesus. Please try a smaller font next.

5. Cheeetar says:

I’m afraid you missed the point here, which is to say that religion TAUGHT IN SCIENCE CLASSES is wrong, not religion, just religion taught in science classes. Gold.

6. Niteshade says:

I dare you to make less sense. I dare you!

7. ThatAthiestGuy says:

“Do you know that the chances are very, very good that Jesus, the Bhudda (arguably several incarnations) and Muhhomed (sp?) all walked the earth?”

The burden of proof lies with you. Show me.

Anyone ever seen the episode of American Dad where one of the main characters is running through the streets of a city in Saudi Arabia, trying to escape men who want her to wear a burka, shouting “It’s okay, I respect your right to chase me!”?

Tolerance and respect is necessary, but it does not make you right or intelligent. All tolerance does is give you the right to be a stupid idiot if you really want to.

8. Sal says:

who said we were making fun of you? We simply believe that if they are going to teach creationism in schools along with evolution they should give FSMism equal classroom time. it makes just as much sense as creationism.

1 2 3 10