tired of having your religion bashed

Published December 18th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

Tired of having your religion bashed because its different? Tired of ignorant people telling you that your wrong? Tired of people telling you that your closed minded? WELL HEY IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM JOIN THEM! Here on this site you’ll find open forums in which you can bash all the other “religions” and tell people how wrong their “religion” is. So come on in and be as close minded as the ones you despise!
-drew

80 Responses to “tired of having your religion bashed”

1. Cap'n Ollie says:

Had enough of being a wanker?
    Evidently, you have not.

2. Wench Nikkiee says:

@Dan Dec 26th, 2007 at 1:40 am
    “Dude… we aren’t closed-minded… we believe in a giant flying spaghetti and meatballs monster…”
    Exactly!!
    RAmen

3. Song says:

Thanks Drew, it’s nice to see something other than threats of damnation and smiting in this section. :) However, at this point we can’t really afford to bash back because we’d just lose face and end up getting it thrown back in our faces anyway.
    Nice sentiment, anyway.

4. James Del Duca says:

i assumed this thread was created purely for amusement.
    i myself have a sick, twisted, fetish for watching ignorant people of one faith bash and flame ignorant people of another religion, and vice versa.
    idk, sometimes it gets funny.

not much of a person to jump into it MYSELF, but i do think that episode of south park “all about the mormons” proves a point.
    especially that little speech at the end, which i totally didn’t expect.

also, i hate christians cuz their jesus cracker things at mass are tasteless. and i also hate jews cuz most of them have different hair. curly?
    i hate everyone too, cuz they suck.

5. FSM for stuups says:

I fully agree with this guy, it just so happens that everyone who regulars this site suddenly gets mature when somebody says something not necessarily hateful but rational. Actually I take back the mature we still have the “AHHH HAHA YOUR GRAMMAR IS WRONG , YOU CANT SPELL”. I see people saying that they don’t bash religions on this site but in just these responses alone you can find plenty of evidence of people doing so.

6. Pluto says:

I quite openly bash religion. It’s archaic, illogical, redundant and evil. It’s a betrayal of all our species has achieved. If we do good or have a talent, its god given. If it’s bad it’s our own failing.
    It contradicts logic, it denies the truth, it spreads hate and segregation and it encourages normal people to incite and commit atrocity in the name of good and of god!
    Why must we respect people’s religion regardless of how retarded it is. That’s one of the points of the FSM: As stupid as it may sound it’s more credible than any other religion.
    So why shouldn’t I bash religion? I back up my opinion. I continually argue the religious under the table and into a corner. I win these little debates not because I’m better than them, but because I can use a little logic and I’m capable of thinking around a problem rather than resorting to getting on my knees and praying.
    “Tired of having your religion bashed?” Well if you know your right why would you care? The conclusion is that you know it doesn’t make sense and are just trying to put the opposition in the “Evil” box so you can write them off as wrong rather than looking for proof you are right.
    “Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions” – Blaise Pascal
    “You’re basically killing each other to see who’s got the better imaginary friend” – Richard Jeni
    “With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” – Steven Weinberg
    “Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer” – Unknown
    And this one is a gem.
    “Traveller: God has been mighty good to your fields, Mr. Farmer.
    Farmer: You should have seen how he treated them when I wasn’t around.”

7. Jesus says:

I agree religion is stupid. I walk across a frozen pond and people are constanty breathing down my neck to perform miracles. Im just an average Flying Spagetti Monster worshipper and Im tired of all the publicity I receive.

p.s. e-mail me.

8. Pluto says:

@Jesus
    To be fair I’ve seen better tricks than the ones you did.
    If you had sawn a woman in half like Paul Denials, or made the statue of liberty disappear like David Copperfield I would have been more impressed.
    Maybe you should go all street magician like David Blain and put a cigarette through a coin or make a playing card appear on the inside of a window?