Pinellas County School Board supports Intelligent Design

Published December 19th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

pinellasheader1.jpg

A majority of the Pinellas County, Florida, School Board supports the inclusion of Intelligent Design in the science curriculum, reports the St. Petersburg Times.

Four members of the school board, including the chairperson and vice-chairperson, have made statements in support of Intelligent Design.

The entire theory of evolution is not scientific fact. Intelligent design balances it out.” — Nancy Bostock, Chairperson

I think that students should be given the opportunity to view all theories on how man evolved and let their science background and their religious background take over as to which one they believe in.” — Jane Gallucci, Member

To teach one [evolution] as if nothing else existed, I think we’re doing our students a disservice.” — Carol Cook, Member

You can read the news article here.

The PCSB website states: “The public is encouraged to contact the School Board members on any issue.”

I suggest we contact the school board and let them know there are more than two theories of our origins. Pastafarianism is built on similar tenets as Intelligent Design, and has much greater support from the academic community. If you decide to write, please be respectful.

Contact Info:

Office: (727) 588-6300
E-mail: Board@pcsb.org

Individual E-mail addresses:
Nancy Bostock: bostockn@pcsb.org
Peggy O’Shea: osheap@pcsb.org
Jane Gallucci: galluccij@pcsb.org
Carol Cook: cookc@pcsb.org

205 Responses to “Pinellas County School Board supports Intelligent Design”

1. Benny says:

Priceless quotes… And they wonder why only the deluded take them seriously…

2. TL says:

“I’d probably ideally like to keep it all [evolution and Intelligent Design] out of the classroom. If it’s going to create this much controversy, how important is it?” — Peggy O’Shea, Vice Chairperson

That quote is gold. PURE GOLD.

3. Gak says:

“… all theories on how man evolved …”

There is only one theory on how man evolved.

4. Captain Noodle says:

It’s amazing that even after the whole ID thing has been shot down and made out as the psuedoscience BS creationism it is…..these people are still endorsing it. I mean I know none of these people watch NOVA but come on. Is Florida really that full of existentially handicapped people as is seems?

5. bottlecap says:

This is stupid. If we didnt have enough troble with polk, now this? The FSM is not pleased…..

6. bottlecap says:

I can not beleive that another school board thinks this a good idea. So, hopefully we can track down the individual E-Mails and inform them of our tasty theory. Untill then, we should email them at Board@pcsb.org and hope for some results.

7. andre says:

i mean, this is really how it should be taught in one class
    1.evolution(35min)
    2.Flying Spaghetti Monster creation(20min)
    3. I.D(5min)

any one disagree?

8. StJason says:

*sigh*. Once more unto the breach my friends, once more unto the breach…