Pinellas County School Board supports Intelligent Design

Published December 19th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

pinellasheader1.jpg

A majority of the Pinellas County, Florida, School Board supports the inclusion of Intelligent Design in the science curriculum, reports the St. Petersburg Times.

Four members of the school board, including the chairperson and vice-chairperson, have made statements in support of Intelligent Design.

You can read the news article here.

The PCSB website states: “The public is encouraged to contact the School Board members on any issue.”

I suggest we contact the school board and let them know there are more than two theories of our origins. Pastafarianism is built on similar tenets as Intelligent Design, and has much greater support from the academic community. If you decide to write, please be respectful.

Contact Info:

Office: (727) 588-6300
E-mail: Board@pcsb.org

Individual E-mail addresses:
Nancy Bostock: bostockn@pcsb.org
Peggy O’Shea: osheap@pcsb.org
Jane Gallucci: galluccij@pcsb.org
Carol Cook: cookc@pcsb.org

205 Responses to “Pinellas County School Board supports Intelligent Design”

1 2 3 25
  1. Jennyanydots says:

And the hydra sprouts a new head. I’m particularly appalled by Ms O’Shea’s idea of teaching nothing controversial because it can’t possibly be important. Can we offer them a re-written curriculum that educates no-one in anything controversial – religion, politics, science, history, sociology, literature etc. What would they be left with?

2. beeble says:

emails away

3. Mike says:

I’d like to note that none of the above commentators are pirates who are for intelligent design in the classrooms.

“The entire theory of evolution is not scientific fact. Intelligent design balances it out.” Well yeah I mean unless it can be proven it’s considered scientific theory. But how does ID balance it out anyone? Can I get a Ramen?

Regardless, we throw in ID we must then offer the different views of ID which means more people will learn of the great FSM.

Pasta be with you.

4. Mike says:

Oh yeah and another thing, someone on the original article brought this up as a comment.

“”To teach one as if nothing else existed, I think we’re doing our students a disservice.”

I wonder if Ms. Cook would say the same about abstinence-only sex ed? that’s not showing the full picture either”

I totally agree alot of people that are pushing for ID in the classrooms are being hypocrital when it comes to other issues like sex ed and teaching kids all the methods of safe sex.

sorry I’m done done.
    Pasta be with you.
    Ramen.

5. Theo says:

Dear board,

I recently heard that you are going to teach the ID theory next to the theory of evolution in the classrooms.
    To me, this is a very, very serious matter so that’s why I’m sending this.

May I point out the fact that there are more than 2 theories of our origin?
    It is of course a great idea that students “should be given the opportunity to view all theories on how man evolved”. (quote Ms. Gallucci)

I like to point out that there is another theory; the theory that a Flying Spaghetti monster created the universe, earth and man.

A few things that you need to know and why this theory receives so much support from the scientific community:
    1. He created the Universe first. The FSM needed a few days – we’re not exactly sure how many – to do this (being it such a huge thing and all). Then he created a mountain with trees and a Midgit. (a sort of midget, but not exactly).

I know, I hear you ask… “if this is Intelligent Design, then why are asteroids colliding, are there still traffic jams. Why does my husband need glasses and do I choke when inhaling while I drink my coffee??”

That, my dear board, is a very good and useful question and I will answer it:

2. This might sound a little strange, but when you believe it, it will make sense. He was a little drunk while he created it all. He even forgot that he did it, and made another world. He then sort of melted them together and that’s why there is a heaven with beer volcanoes. Really.
    3. He controls everything with his Noodly Appendage – but not always. Being the world so large, he can’t be everywhere all the time, so sometimes you really need to keep your eyes on the road while driving. Trust me on that one.
    4. All proof of evolution on this world is placed there by the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Although he didn’t leave a note, we’re pretty sure.

I don’t want this email get too long, but I’m sure you understand why I strongly feel that the children know who created them.
    You can find more info on our website http://www.venganza.org

Sincirely,

Theo Westgeest

6. Rin says:

Thats just ridiculous.
    You often have to struggle before the truth can be found. Nothing in life is easy, nor is it handed to you. All this ‘controversy’ is necessary for growth.

7. Rin says:

“The entire theory of evolution is not scientific fact. Intelligent design balances it out.” — Nancy Bostock, Chairperson
    How exactly is it balanced out? A highly probable explanation for how things came about that has been tested and viewed accurate…and something completely idiotic that was created by a group of people with no real testable evidence?(who were probably bored at the time, eatting their non-noodle based substances.)

“I’d probably ideally like to keep it all [evolution and Intelligent Design] out of the classroom. If it’s going to create this much controversy, how important is it?” — Peggy O’Shea, Vice Chairperson
    I answered that already, and decided to come back and comment on everyone else :]

“I think that students should be given the opportunity to view all theories on how man evolved and let their science background and their religious background take over as to which one they believe in.” — Jane Gallucci, Member
    Meanwhile you’re only actually giving them two theories, and not the complete spectrum.

“To teach one [evolution] as if nothing else existed, I think we’re doing our students a disservice.” — Carol Cook, Member
    And to pollute the minds of young impressionable children with senseless dribble is a disservice. I’m of course speaking of ID.

8. Cap'n Bob the Spanky says:

The most interesting thing to note here is how incredibly stupid these people are. Perhaps we shouldn’t be wasting our time trying to change their obviously non-existent minds, and should instead take up a collection to pay for crayons, finger paints and other bright/shiny objects. This would keep them more usefully occupied and away from positions of responsibility where they can do great damage through their complete inability to understand the subject.

1 2 3 25