this is getting to be pretty sophomoric

Published November 2nd, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

This is getting to be pretty sophomoric.

153 Responses to “this is getting to be pretty sophomoric”

1. ciera says:

I know i sound stupid, but what does sophmoric mean? I really have no idea.

2. Avenga says:

sophomoric is not a word i checked wika pedia

3. Jácob says:

Isn’t it an American university semester? So it’s like saying it’s pretty childish. I only know that from the sims 2 university:P

4. Zardos says:

@Avenga

Actually Sophomoric redirects to the definition of student when searched via wikipedia. Quite a perplexing insult. Ya buncha squeaky broken-hinge students.

5. sauromaton says:

At least squeeking is a sound, a reaction, as an atheist I have to say we’re generally nice guys but don’t have the belief to achieve anything.
    OK, this is silly and a game, and perhaps everyone here should just grow up and say nothing.
    Then again:

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—
    because I was not a communist;
    Then they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—
    because I was not a socialist;
    Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—
    because I was not a trade unionist;
    Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
    because I was not a Jew;
    Then they came for me—
    and there was no one left to speak out for me
    Personally I really like these nutters, may their beer never be flat!

6. Tedlick says:

Someone NEEDS to squeak any time superstition rears it’s ugly head.

There is no good religion, except Pastafarianism.

Accept that your religion is evil, me pretty, or suffer at the end of His Noodly Appendage.

Ramen.

7. ~*~*Big Jay*~*~ says:

“Why not go back to being an atheist instead of a broken hinge that squeaks whenever it sees religion?”
    *There are times when a certain religion (Christianity) becomes too overbearing and someone (Pastafarians) has to step up to “bring it down a notch”. If this certain religion (Christianity) becomes too big, it will attempt to screw over the world again…and the world’s screwed up enough, look at what happened when the catholics left central america and south east asia, look at what happened after the Europeans left Africa. Today, look at what’s happening in Iraq with the US. The Christians complain about the Islamic fundamentalists, but personally i say the Christians spawned their own enemies.

All praise his noodly-goodness.
    RAmen

8. meichan says:

you guys astound me. A spaghetti monster would have a pasta-y appendage, not noodle-y. I know it doesn’t have the same ring but noodle and pasta are synonomous, they are not the same thing. One is noodle, one is pasta. Spaghetti can be the same shape as some noodles and vice versa, but they aren’t the same. So, when you’re talking about the FSM and you say ‘Ramen,’ it’s like the referee at a hockey saying “play ball.” Or the sushi chef shouting Mamma Mia!