The Gospel is Non-Fiction in Toronto

Published November 1st, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

From Grant in Toronto:

The Toronto Public Library has 8 copies of the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and guess what collection it’s under?

Non-fiction! Hooray!

fsmlibrary.jpg

By the way, why don’t authors bitch when their books are being “illegally shared” at the library? How is that not analogous to a musicians work being shared on the internet? You have my permission to buy and share the Gospel with as many people as you like. Spread the Word.

50 Responses to “The Gospel is Non-Fiction in Toronto”

1. Iron Bess says:

Bobby needs help from the multitudes to help him come up with some more money making ideas. Personally I think he should apply for religious status, at least that way he does not have to pay taxes.

2. PacificPam (IF) says:

I was going to say to sell FSM Parafernalia…but I noticed the link…hehehe

3. Deelawn says:

The Crabtree mall in Raleigh has this shop that sells bows and neckties(is that a word?), so me and my girlfriend went over there and kept looking in the religion/spirituality section until the dude working there came over and asked us if we needed help… He told us it would be in the novelty section =(
    We found a spaghetti tie… although, no monster in sight… Unless the FSM was wearing spaghetti camouflage.

4. Deelawn says:

By the way, I think non-fiction is better than religion, on that note.
    FSMism is based on science, mind you.

5. I love eruptions in heaven says:

yeah, non-fiction means absolutely true. so that’s better then religion, we’re plain truth.

6. PacificPam (IF) says:

Score!
    Ha, we are better than the bibul!

7. Black Hearted Jake says:

In the UK it’s called the Public Lending Right. The number of loans is calculated using a selected number of libraries. Authors are then paid a maximum of about £6,000 (c$12,000).

8. Starbuckaneer says:

I think Bobby should put a clause in his book just like Stephen Colbert put in “I Am America and So Can You” about not lending it to people. Everyone has to buy their own copy (or multiple copies) and no libraries will be carrying it. He says, “No freebees!” (By the way.. hilarious read for all my fellow Pastafarians… after you read the Gospel at least 5 times, of course…)