Statue resemblance

Published November 18th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

buddhist.jpg

I took this picture in Thailand a few days ago. Does anyone else thing there is a resemblance between this statue and the FSM? With the many arms, etc. Also, another similarity: both Pastafarianism and Buddhism are peaceful religions. And.. there were a lot of pirates in this area years ago. Coincidences?

117 Responses to “Statue resemblance”

1. Dylan_Dog says:

Hi Pacific Pam and Wench Nickee!

I am afraid that PB has got his head stuck even further up his ass than ever!

He has been trying to say that Quantum mechanics invalidates evolution and science in general! and coming off with other gems like Judge Jones at Dover did not say that ID is not science *even* when I showed him what Judge Jones actually said-he still repeats it! I have been fascinated by his cognitive dissonance in the sense how can he continually tell lies in the cause of preaching the truth of the Bible!
    I never get an answer to that one!

Dutch Pasta Guy has been great as PB cannot say to him one of his favourite canards “you are speaking about areas that are outside of your expertise”.

One strange side effect of debating people like PB is that my own knowledge increases I have found out that Quantum mechanics is the the refuge of a lot of whacko’s and not only creationists but new agers and what not as so few people understand it!

Thanks for the rum!

2. PacificPam (Butterfly) says:

Rum!

3. Wench Nikkiee says:

Dylan_Dog Nov 21st, 2007 at 8:36 pm
    “I have found out that Quantum mechanics is the the refuge of a lot of whacko’s and not only creationists but new agers and what not as so few people understand it!”
    Been seeing a fair bit of that over at the following blog….along with the “Information Theory/Thermodynamics Theory refutes evolution” crap….more evolutionary evidence of transitional forms :p)
    Darwinism: The Imperialism of Biology?
    Check it out if you get bored. Plenty of classic, frothing at the mouth, “cdesign proponentsists” verbal diarrhoea. I reckon you’d love it. I haven’t really jumped in there much yet….just put in a toe in here and there. ;) Been enjoying sitting back watching the IDiots weave their own nooses.
    Probably will soon though…missing out on too much of the fun.
    Cheers

4. Wench Nikkiee says:

Dylan_Dog Nov 21st, 2007 at 8:36 pm
    “I am afraid that PB has got his head stuck even further up his ass than ever!”
    I’ve got a pic of him for you :)
    Coming to an orifice near you soon!!!

5. ValkyriePariah says:

Isn’t that a hindu god/goddess?? But yes it DOES look a lot like our noodly one!!!
    RAmen!!!!

6. Dylan_Dog says:

HI Wench Nikkiee,

Had a look at the link and comments and it’s the same old damn fallacies again and again-do they not know that telling lies for Jesus is still telling lies!

Liked the link to the stunning likeness of PB-it made me :-)

RAmen

7. Old Grouch says:

@ Wench Nikkiee – I wandered over – by way of your hyperlink – to the site, and perused the article. At the top, this guy indicates: “No Intelligence Allowed”.
    For my money, it ought to read: “No Intelligence” – full stop.

8. Wench.Nikkiee says:

Dylan_Dog Nov 24th, 2007 at 5:43 pm
    “Had a look at the link and comments and it’s the same old damn fallacies again and again”
    Yep :)

“do they not know that telling lies for Jesus is still telling lies!”
    Apparently not…hahahaha…makes their arguments about the morality coming via the bible more than a little hypocritical and fake!

“If your good self(or indeed anyone else) have any time it would be good to see you on Will and Testament to help refute the guff spouted by PB”

I might have some time pop over closer to the weekend :) Groan! :p
    “He has actually started to stalk me on the net! he found out (well I did tell him) that sometimes I post on the TalkOrigins usenet and poor old PB got very upset at the “SNIDE COMMENTS” that posted about his remarks!”
    Doesn’t surprise me :) He got all paranoid about me having imaginary friends last xmas on the TSLoT threads. Of course we were already onto him and left a bit of bait lying around :p
    Hahahahahahaha..