startling evidence – piracy vs global warming

Published November 4th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

Discovered by Pastafarian Koji:

I’m amazed, I was thinking that your churches theories on global warming were just a bit off. I was using Google Trends and I came up with a startling chart.

As you will notice, when I compared ‘free movies’ and ‘global warming’ whenever people search for free movies, less people search for global warming. Why you ask… Because no new developments come up while piracy occurs.

trends.gif

When Koji sent me this, even I was skeptical. But it’s legit: try it yourself.

43 Responses to “startling evidence – piracy vs global warming”

1. Cap'n Poofybeard says:

What’s even better is the fact that when you actually type, “Pirates,” in there…
    It correlates, as well.

2. ☠DutchPastaGuy☠ says:

@Cap’n Poofybeard
    Hmmm, the correlation in your examples is actually rather poorer than in the graph that started this thread, isn’t it?

3. El Peatieablo says:

@☠DutchPastaGuy☠
    :) kidding…

4. Paisley the Pirate says:

I used the keyword “piracy”:

5. ID LOL says:

Try PIRATE, CHRISTIANITY

6. Wench Nikkiee says:

@El Peatieablo
    @☠DutchPastaGuy☠
    “You should be ashamed of yourself! How can you just sit there and think logically (or at all) about religion?”
    Sorry DPG, but I have to agree with El Peatieablo. You’ve been letting rational thinking shake your faith and it just isn’t blind enough. Ok everyone…..big Noodly group hug with ☠DutchPastaGuy☠ to keep him from straying over to those damn free thinkers. ;P)

7. ☠DutchPastaGuy☠ says:

@El Peatieablo, Nikkiee,
    You’re absolutely right. What was I thinking?! Or more important perhaps: WHY was I thinking!! My mistake, I’ll try to improve my ways as a Pastafarian.

8. Wench Nikkiee says: