startling evidence – piracy vs global warming

Published November 4th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

Discovered by Pastafarian Koji:

I’m amazed, I was thinking that your churches theories on global warming were just a bit off. I was using Google Trends and I came up with a startling chart.

As you will notice, when I compared ‘free movies’ and ‘global warming’ whenever people search for free movies, less people search for global warming. Why you ask… Because no new developments come up while piracy occurs.

trends.gif

When Koji sent me this, even I was skeptical. But it’s legit: try it yourself.

43 Responses to “startling evidence – piracy vs global warming”

1 2 3 6
  1. Ponken says:

Nah… I’m skeptical, look what happens when you search for pirates and global warming. http://www.google.com/trends?q=pirates%2C+global+warming&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

2. Ande says:

WHY ARRENT THERE MORE REPLIES? now what I’m I supposed to do the next halfhour?

3. Jean Bart says:

@Ponken Nov 4th, 2007 at 3:39 am: “Nah… I’m skeptical, look what happens when you search for pirates and global warming.”
    There are Pirates and pirates, like there are Pastafarians and bored-people-who-don’t-like-to-go-to-church!

4. Jean Bart says:

And that was bronze, by the way, te closest to the top I’ve evvah been!

5. Jean Bart says:

*the closest, of course… the excitement?
    Anyway, let’s add this graph to our already impressive stock of evidence, shall we?

6. Sputnik says:

hilarious! :)

7. El Peatieablo says:

To me, it looks like there is an appropriate change in global warming just a bit after a change in pirates. The lines look very poorly drawn, however, indicating that not only are pirates holy, but that FSM heaven also has a beer volcano and the FSM is drunk.
    On a more pessimistic note, does anybody else find it odd that the pirates line is always higher than the global warming line? Most of this probably isn’t coming from Pastafarians (but if it is…yay!) so are non-Pastafarians just ignoring a rather important topic and focusing on pirates (a non holy thing for them)?

8. Pixel Pete says:

That’s a cool Google feature, I didn’t know it was there before!
    RAmen