21927 Views

Scalzi’s Creation Museum report

Published November 21st, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

cm2.jpg

Author and blogger John Scalzi has posted an amusing report of his visit to the Creation Museum.

Some time ago he said that he’d visit the museum, which was built near his home, on the condition that his readers donated $250, with the added incentive that any extra money would be given to Americans United for the Separation of Church and State. His readers came through and donated over $5000.

So he went, took a bunch of pictures, and posted a very thorough report.

An excerpt:

Here’s how to understand the Creation Museum:

Imagine, if you will, a load of horseshit. And we’re not talking just your average load of horseshit; no, we’re talking colossal load of horsehit. An epic load of horseshit. The kind of load of horseshit that has accreted over decades and has developed its own sort of ecosystem, from the flyblown chunks at the perimeter, down into the heated and decomposing center, generating explosive levels of methane as bacteria feast merrily on vintage, liquified crap. This is a Herculean load of horseshit, friends, the likes of which has not been seen since the days of Augeas.

You can read his entire report here.

331 Responses to “Scalzi’s Creation Museum report”

1 36 37 38 39 40 42
  1. Bombadil says:

yur mom causes stds!

2. Bombadil says:

and prostitution!

3. PacificPam says:

Bombadil, I think you are more bored than I am

4. Song says:

Hah, that guy’s awesome. Thanks for posting it- I appreciated the laugh.

5. Bombadil says:

Huge one! christianity causes violence(there’s a shocker;))

6. Captain Codpiece returns says:

@Pluto (Not sorry at all!) Nov 23rd, 2007 at 4:22 pm
    Worship of beer? Think there is a religious undertone to Weather Spoons? Possibly in line with the CoFSM?
    Something like Albigensians or Cathars, maybe Wetherspoons is a secret meeting place of the Assenes!
    What ever happened to those Coptic guys anyway?
    CC

7. mikfoz says:

Heh!

I almost want to go and see the place just to laugh myself stupid.

Great report and well written.

8. Momi Pink Shoes says:

@rmw – that place is in Kentucky?! I might actually go! I live in Virginia (not so far from DC) so it wouldn’t take that long to get there.
    I really am thinking about going. I think I would die laughing.

1 36 37 38 39 40 42