NOVA: Intelligent Design on Trial

Published November 18th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

nova1.jpg

NOVA’s most recent program is about the Intelligent Design debate over the last few years. They’ve put together an excellent companion website, and as of November 16th, you can watch the entire program online – I highly recommend it. NOVA always does a fantastic job on their programs and this is no exception.

My one criticism is that they neglected to mention the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster’s role in the Intelligent Design vs Science debate.

153 Responses to “NOVA: Intelligent Design on Trial”

1. Frau Diavolo says:

The Evolutionists kicked ass!
    @DutchPastaGuy – I too laughed with glee at Buckingham… he bristles at the thought that he descended from primates…I don’t think he descended at all… :P

2. Cap'n Ollie says:

Wow.that’s like forgetting to mention Spaghetti in a debate about pasta.
    What a load of cultural midgets.

3. Bombadil says:

PLATINUM! no one called it so i get it. how dare they not mention us

4. Pixel Pete says:

I’ll make sure to watch it, sounds interesting. The FSM should have been mentioned, although I’m not surprised they didn’t.
    RAmen

5. PacificPam (PPS) says:

We are awesomes! AWESOMES!
    I liked the CNN report, though.
    Did you guys get to see Fox News and their “Virgin Mary and baby Jesus in a Pancake” report? It was newsbreak!

6. Wench Nikkiee says:

The Dover school board’s rapid evolution from creationists to “cdesign proponentsists.” to “design proponents” is classic! Yet they repeatedly deny that evolutionary transitional forms exist. :p)))

7. Wench Nikkiee says:

“NICK MATZKE: So the correct term for this transitional form is “cdesign proponentsists.” And everyone now refers to this as the missing link between creationism and intelligent design. You’ve got the direct physical evidence there of a transitional fossil.”
    hehehehehehehe…..
    RAmen

8. ☠DutchPastaGuy☠ says:

RAmen indeed. Morning Nikkiee :) How did the exams go?