NOVA: Intelligent Design on Trial

Published November 18th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

nova1.jpg

NOVA’s most recent program is about the Intelligent Design debate over the last few years. They’ve put together an excellent companion website, and as of November 16th, you can watch the entire program online – I highly recommend it. NOVA always does a fantastic job on their programs and this is no exception.

My one criticism is that they neglected to mention the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster’s role in the Intelligent Design vs Science debate.

153 Responses to “NOVA: Intelligent Design on Trial”

1. ID LOL says:

Fluorine

2. What says:

Oh what noodly appendages we weave when first we practice to believe.

Ramen

3. ☠DutchPastaGuy☠ says:

I saw the entire thing. Makes me feel all warm inside when you see nutters like Bonsel and Buckingham be really, really sour when they’ve been caught out. Buckinghams response said it all: we got obliterated, so the judge is an arse. I also laughed with glee when I heard him say with exasperation ‘How can these people call themselves christians and then go on to teach evolution?!’. Oh the nano-mindedness of these christians. They should all become organ donors. That’s generally a good thing but they should be donors especially. If you don’t use your brain, then why not give it to someone else?

4. Old Grouch says:

@DutchPastaGuy,
    But, friend, there has to be a brain there in the first place. Doesn’t there? Of course, I’ll grant that there is – at least probably – a lump of gray matter somewhere in the bone casing. But, in what state, or condition? Why would you want to give an atrophied chunk of dead tissue to anyone? Better it should stay where it is, I think. “Let the dead bury the dead”, says a passage from Scripture.

5. AbsolutWench says:

Yar, me hearties! His Great Noodliness works in wondrous ways. I love NOVA. I hope they keep doing what they’re doing. This was such an amazing piece.

6. Robert Hood says:

I loved the part where they used the one guys own definition of science against him: if ID is science, so is astrology, ether theory, and a bunch of other discarded theories.

7. ☠DutchPastaGuy☠ says:

@Old Grouch
    “But, friend, there has to be a brain there in the first place. Doesn’t there? Of course, I’ll grant that there is – at least probably – a lump of gray matter somewhere in the bone casing. But, in what state, or condition?”
    Brand new, never been used!

8. PacificPam (PPS) says:

I loved the site!
    Hven’t seen the show yet. I will tomorrow at work when there is nothing to do.