I really find this whole discussion to be rather hilarious

Published November 11th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

From Beth:

I really find this whole discussion to be rather hilarious…

Let me explain, I’m a xian. Indeed, I am a grad student of theology. Did Bible College… the whole bit. And I also absolutely love CoFSM. I promoted it around the College, and even hosted a pirate day there (though most people didn’t know ALL they were celebrating…). I am in total sympathy with the fact that ID does not belong in science class. I love the “parody”, and the satire is killer.

What is hilarious? That Xians say ridiculous, dumb things about other people’s beliefs (or lack thereof), and feel all superior and cool for that, and yet, what is the difference here? It’s like everyone gets a kick out of telling everyone else that they are stupid. Nice. Well done Christians. Well done Atheists. May you all eternally enjoy throwing around hate mail and tired rhetoric.

And may the noodly appendage touch you all.

65 Responses to “I really find this whole discussion to be rather hilarious”

1. lilwench says:

I love the image of bible-thumpers dressing up as Pirates and not realizing Who commands us to wear the Chosen Attire.

I had a good laugh to myself yesterday, too. I went to my cousin’s wedding, a full catholic mass (which is horrible if any of you have never had to sit through this torture). They sang a song with a refrain “I have tasted the lord, and he is good”. I thought, the FSM tastes much better than the catholic jeezit, there is no comparison. And given the propensity for priest-boy love, just how was the lord really tasted?

Anyways, the hate mailers ask for the treatment they get. And it is not like we are throwing around our rhetoric to the extent xians do, by starting wars and broadcasting on Fox News.

2. Logan the Grog Keeper says:

this si what we call… a smart person

3. Paisley the Pirate says:

I really don’t think we’ve ever sent a hate-mail. Am I wrong? And like lilwench said, we don’t throw around our rhetoric. We have a book (so does everyone else) and a website. We don’t advertise on TV (yes, I’ve seen it) and we certainly don’t run around telling people that they’re going to burn in hell if they don’t get “saved.” If we preach the word on campuses across America or on the streets, it’s no more than what the xians do, and we do it in a much nicer, friendlier, and all-around more piratey way.

4. Alchemist says:

Paisley the Pirate – “I really don’t think we’ve ever sent a hate-mail. Am I wrong?”
    errrm… coff coff. Weeeeel, some of the less sensible ones here *might* have sent Bobby the odd hatemail for a laugh.
    Might have – I’m not saying they have done!

5. Wench Cyka says:

@ lilwench hahahahahahahahaha! You never told me they call it a jeezit! Do they “pop” it in your mouth? hawhawhaw ewwww gross!!!

6. Cottura 5 Minuti says:

Don’t worry Beth, we will move on to other things when the attack against non-religious people and science stops. Which might not happen in our lifetime. Just ask Galileo or Socrates.

7. lilwench says:

@wench cyka, those people are way too uptight to call it a jeezit. I ripped that off a Dane Cook skit.

8. Cottura 5 Minuti says:

To test if Jingles’ system works both ways, using…
    JINGLES’ PATENTED FUCKWIT FINDER MK II
    ***(version 2.2)***
    Name: normal – Bad grammar: none –
    Bad spelling: even spelled “rhetoric” correctly, so clearly none
    Overuse of caps lock: no – Threats of hell etc: abscent – Threats of violence: none –
    Threats agains FSM: praise to be more precise
    Lowbrow insults: there and there, I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt
    Accusations of homosexuality: no – Spamming: no
    Dismissing CoFSM as joke/cult: Beth gets a point here! 1 point for thinking this is *ONLY* satire
    Seriously referencing AiG etc: no
    A total of 1 point.
    Quoting Jingles: “0-1.5: A Normal Person Intelligent, reasonable, polite and respectable. High likelihood of a reasoned belief system, and serves as a credit to the human race.”
    Well done Beth! Jingles would be proud of you.
    You see, Jingles has created quite a good system. I honours posters like Beth but is less kind to some others (who deserve it).