I really find this whole discussion to be rather hilarious

Published November 11th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

From Beth:

I really find this whole discussion to be rather hilarious…

Let me explain, I’m a xian. Indeed, I am a grad student of theology. Did Bible College… the whole bit. And I also absolutely love CoFSM. I promoted it around the College, and even hosted a pirate day there (though most people didn’t know ALL they were celebrating…). I am in total sympathy with the fact that ID does not belong in science class. I love the “parody”, and the satire is killer.

What is hilarious? That Xians say ridiculous, dumb things about other people’s beliefs (or lack thereof), and feel all superior and cool for that, and yet, what is the difference here? It’s like everyone gets a kick out of telling everyone else that they are stupid. Nice. Well done Christians. Well done Atheists. May you all eternally enjoy throwing around hate mail and tired rhetoric.

And may the noodly appendage touch you all.

65 Responses to “I really find this whole discussion to be rather hilarious”

1 2 3 9
  1. Red Dutch Pasta Wench says:

Hello Beth, I’m an atheist except for the FSM of course. I like meeting people with other beliefs who are able to be polite, nice and understanding too.
    Very refreshing to meet another one :)
    May his Noodlyness embrace you too.

2. Cheeetar says:

Agh, bible college, that would suck. Silver.

3. I love eruptions in heaven says:

the point iss, iff somoene throws hAtemail, its hard to catch it whihtout insulting their suprieor speling and gramer. Thei arr sow goot ad spelllin thier wodrs taht we can”t Keep uP. Sow we get yeaelouoas and inslut

4. ۞ says:

Ha Ha Ha. Being an xian is definitely not cool and never will be.
    How sweet that they think they are.

5. ☠DutchPastaGuy☠ says:

Welcome to the CoFSM Beth. May you be touched by the FSMs Noodly appendages for spreading the word of the FSM among the College.

6. Momi Pink Shoes says:

May he embrace you with his starchy goodness!
    This made my day =)

7. Wench Cyka says:

Ok, I admit I have fun knocking down a fundie or two that comes here, but they come Here. I don’t go bothering them, and I can tell you as a pagan I get harrassed constantly, in the store, on the street, I’ve even been physically assaulted over it by loving xians before. Right now, my agnostic and Overly tolerant hubby has even gottten so upset he’s going to the head of our local school board over xian – not Jewish, Muslim, and certainly not any Coven – pamphlets being passed out in public schools saying “come learn with us!” That scares the crap out of me because there are tears in my daughter’s eyes when I tell her that they don’t acutally plan to teach her anything real, just try to scare her into believing something she’s much better off deciding on when she’s old enough to make up her own mind. I think battling the brainwasking – even here – is always a worthwhile effort, and I’ll stick to it! Tell me, why was it a xian that chased me around boot camp reading a Bable and not a Muslim or a Jewish person trying to convert me? Or even maybe a scientologist? We have fun, but xians get hateful, nasty and downright violent, and like cigarette companies, even target other people’s children!
    So, why again shouldn’t I let out a little steam on some idiot who posts here asking for it? Sorry for being a bit confrontational, it really is not you this time, I happen to be upset about that literature at my kids’ Public school. Yet, the question still stands, why shouldn’t I let off steam at someone who comes here asking for it?
    Wench Cyka
    Indignant Pagan Mother

8. Wench Cyka says:

Oh, and thank you for being polite, reasonable, and downright legible! That brightened my morning!

1 2 3 9