why would you spend so much time to take the hope or beliefs away from others?

Published October 22nd, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

I was just curious about why it is you think that the monster is in any way equal belief to other religions. Why exactly did you begin this religion (?), what were your thoughts? I can begin to come to my own conclusions on your thought process, but i wonder if you could exlplain it to me. This subject seems to be pretty important to you, but why would you spend so much time to take hope or beliefs away from others? Do you think that you are simply much more intelligent than the many brilliant men who have come to the conclusion that God exists, or have you simply discovered something they had no access to?

Please respond to this e-mail, this is the MOST important subject any person will ever face. I would appreciate a response.
-Owen

303 Responses to “why would you spend so much time to take the hope or beliefs away from others?”

1 36 37 38
  1. Sugar Blind says:

You’d think that people who were confident in their religion wouldn’t be so threatened by the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Unless, of course, they really think there’s something to be threatened by…

2. Mr Gumble says:

You’ve made me think of something neal. Why don’t we replace the bible with an FSM related book? Alternately, we could have both the Bible and the Gospel of the FSM in there.

But I doubt the effectiveness of such a campaign, if done on such a small scale.

3. James D King of Pirates says:

We dont take anything away from others, others take it away from us. Or they try to we are a hearty bunch, our only natural predators (as pirates) are the hare-krishnas, our only natural predators (as humans) are Coconuts, anything with teeth, anything anti-pasta and dogma(religious not the rockin Kevin Smith movie)So do not hate us, we take nothing, leave much.

4. T-Dawg says:

Hmmm, let me break your question down. BTW I do consider myself a Pastafarian but I don’t fully believe in the FSM much as it shames me to admit that fact. I’ll try to answer your query in the serious tone that it was posed.

“I was just curious about why it is you think that the monster is in any way equal belief to other religions”

I’m sure that the Romans thought the exact same thing about this Jesus guy and his Wacky ideas about loving people. which is to say that anything that has 2000 some odd years of history behind it will feel superior to ANY new come idea, be it a religion or a scientific ideal or a medical opinion. Whether the old idea truly is superior or not is a question for the ages. I believe that the FSM is equal to other religions because the pastafarians i know seem to be of equal, if not more, sound mind than any of the ‘classicly’ religous people I know. I in no way denigrate those other religions, I just don’t understand thier inherent feelings of superiority to pretty much anyone who isn’t exactly like themselves. a feeling which seems to be against everything i have read in the bible. And yes you do feel superior or you wouldn’t have asked why we feel equal to your greatness.

“Do you think that you are simply much more intelligent than the many brilliant men who have come to the conclusion that God exists, or have you simply discovered something they had no access to?”

Brilliant men like Plato, Socrates,…oh wait. They didn’t believe in Your God did they? Hmm, brilliant men like Albert Einstien, Abraham Lincoln, Benjamin Franklin, Galileo Galilei…oh crap they didn’t believe in God either. Well shoot, I’m forced to come to the conclusion that many very smart people didn’t beleive in God.It forces me to also question why you think the smart people that do believe in god are smarter than the smart people who don’t?

“This subject seems to be pretty important to you, but why would you spend so much time to take hope or beliefs away from others?”

I don’t think the time we Pastafarians spend posting comments on this website can in ANY WAY even BEGIN to compare to the amount of time that the Christian Church(not even any other religion, just the christians) has spent on Missions, Inquisitions, Crusades and countless holy wars. All of whose purposes were to get people to stop believing what they believed and to only believe what the christians believe. And i’m not talking about those tame modern mormon type missions, I’m referring to the California Missions who tortured and enslaved countless native americans all in the name of Jesus.

Well, that’s my beliefs. take em or leave em.
    Ra’men

5. wpolscemamymocneseo says:

Just have to thank you for this great article. This is what I was looking for (Thanks Bing

6. peter says:

Super job on the write-up. Countless thanks for sharing it with us, you must have gone by way of loads of work to complete it so well.

7. Alphy says:

“…why would you spend so much time to take hope or beliefs away from others? ”

Regarding the Solace and comfort of Religion:

“It is no defense of superstition and pseudoscience to say that it brings solace and comfort to people. . . . If solace and comfort are how we judge the worth of something, then consider that tobacco brings solace and comfort to smokers; alcohol brings it to drinkers; drugs of all kinds bring it to addicts; the fall of cards and the run of horses bring it to gamblers; cruelty and violence bring it to sociopaths. Judge by solace and comfort only and there is no behavior we ought to interfere with.” Isaac Asimov

“As for those who protest that I am robbing people of the great comfort and consolation they gain from Christianity, I can only say that Christianity includes hell, eternal torture for the vast majority of humanity, for most of your relatives and friends. . . . If I could feel that I had robbed anybody of his faith in hell, I should not be ashamed or regretful.” Rupert Hughes

When people realize that they do not have to go through their entire life deluding themselves with religion, then they begin to set their minds free. Free to explorer the world around them for what it is, not what they were told to believe about it. Free to enjoy what life has to offer without fear of eternal damnation, free to question, free to be a living human being and not a corpse animated by religious puppeteers. Free to make their own choice without the approval of the religiously ‘superior’. I say religion takes hope from people and enslaves the with superstition, fear and ignorance all in the name of GAWD!

The hope that religion offer is false, otherworldliness, supernatural super crap. It has NO basis in reality except to delude the masses.

1 36 37 38