While I was learning about this wonderful religion

Published October 14th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

While I was learning about this wonderful religion of yours, and while I was reading about how the number of pirates affected the climate, there was a flash of light. There standing in my room, was our Spaghetti God himself. He told me something that would allow us another chance to rectify the global warming issue. First, He told me that marriages were actually just between two or more people, regardless of sexual preference. Marriage actually does not have to be between a man and a woman. He told me that every time we allow such marriages to be legalized in a new country, the rate of temperature increase decreases. The more countries legalize it and the more marriages of the same sex that we have, temperature increase will slow down to the point where there will be a reversal.

-Alvaro

26 Responses to “While I was learning about this wonderful religion”

1. Aristotle says:

Jean Bart Oct 14th, 2007 at 11:25 am
    “7. I’d Really Rather You Didn’t Go Around Telling People I Talk To You.”
    I think He meant you shouldn’t brag about it. The mailer isn’t bragging, she or he is delivering a message. #7 doesn’t really apply to this person, I think.

2. ۞ says:

3. Logan the Grog Keeper says:

not to make this into an insult or anything, but r u saying same sex marriages is the same thing as pirating, or just that they both help reduce global warming in their own way…?

4. Wench Cyka says:

Meh! Don’t spread the insanity! Make All marriage illegal! Except for fundies, let them keep making themselves miserable, spending all their money on divorce lawyers, etc. It keeps them out of politics!

5. ۞ says:

I’m concerned because there is hard scientific evidence to support the link between piracy and global warming. However same sex marriages haven’t been approved of for so very long and there just isn’t the same level of empirical evidence.
    If we now start believing that same sex marriages reduce global warming we’re just following religious revelation.
    I’m against that and believe we need to put the same sex marriages thing to the test to prove or disprove the hypothesis.

6. ☠DutchPastaGuy☠ says:

@Wench Cyka (unrelated to this thread)
    Sorry about certain trouble recently. Feel free to send me an email, t.p.c.klaver@qub.ac.uk :)

7. dantes_torment says:

“And the “Really Rather You Didn’ts” aren’t so much rules – more yer sort of guidelines.”
    Yeah, it’s right there in the name: I’d Really RATHER You Didn’t. You can get away with a few infringments, just don’t let it happen too often.

8. Thalassophobic Pie Rat says:

@ ۞
    “we need to put the same sex marriages thing to the test to prove or disprove the hypothesis.”
    How long would you need to gather data for to be relatively certain that this isn’t just a coincidence?