Pastafarianism vs. Christianity

Published October 14th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

I received this email from Pastafarian Chelsea:

“I’m happy to say I think FSM hurts the evolutionists’ program since, by mocking the Christian tradition … it reinforces the correct impression that there is genuine contempt for biblical faith in that camp. Besides, the parody is lame, and there are few things more encouraging than cheap shots from one’s opponents.”

I’m sorry if Christians find the belief that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe “lame,” but –correct me if I’m wrong- Christians believe that a cosmic Jewish zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat an apple of discernment from a magical tree. And they think the idea that a decrease in pirates caused global warming is ridiculous?

The best lesson learned in life is to challenge the limitations of our mental capacities. If knowledge is a sin, let us burn in hell for eternity with the satisfaction that we aren’t superstitous, ignorant bigots.

I think Chelsea makes a good point. Also, I think that Pastafarianism has grown much larger than a response to the ID-evolution debate.

64 Responses to “Pastafarianism vs. Christianity”

1 2 3 8
  1. Logan the Grog Keeper says:

First Post! Also I think ur right, we don’t have any contempt for the bible, merely pointing out it’s flaws, also parody isn’t lame.

2. Thorn says:

2nd

3. Thorn says:

I think these people are missing half the joke.

4. Pixel Pete says:

Third? Bah I don’t really care anyway.
    Good point, cosmic Jewish zombies should be dealt with Shaun of the Dead style(picks up a cricket bat).
    RAmen

5. Thorn says:

I reads this in that article “”It’s too bad that they’ll get attention for this sort of drivel when we have a robust scientific research program that the media doesn’t seem to want to write much about,” Discovery Institute spokesman Robert Crowther said in an e-mail interview.” hahahahahaaa!

6. More Sunday Stuff « blueollie says:

[...] Not everyone is happy about this. Well, tough. The following is direct quote by Mark Coppenger, a pastor who teaches at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, courtesy of the article by Dan Vergano in USA Today, Spaghetti Monster is noodling around with faith. [...]

7. lightningbug says:

If these “christians” have so much faith in their little twisted fairy tales, why do they feel so threatened by other people’s beliefs? May His Noodlyness help them find the path way out of their pathological insecurities!!!!!

(Excellent synopsis of christian beliefs, Chelsea!!!!!)

8. conor says: