I just kinda stumbled across you FSM website

Published October 26th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

I just kinda stumbled across your FSM website and it’s unlike anything I’ve ever heard of. I’d first of all like to say that the entire FSM idea is very brilliant (I’m not sure who thought of it, but it’s a very creative way of communicating the point of separation between church and state). I think what many Christians posting on your site don’t consider is how upset they would be if someone else’s beliefs being taught to their children.

Of course. I’m a Christian (surprise)… haha I know you get lots of emails from us, but I just want to apologize. I didn’t read everything on the website, but in the half an hour or so I spent lurking around I failed to find even one positive thing posted by a Christian. Anyways. I’d like to just say I’m sorry that we have been so threating, demanding, and rude. In fact the Christ we claim to follow and aim to live like is a virtual polar opposite of what most of the accounts (I read) seemed to portray.

So I apologize for doing Jesus a horrible injustice. I hope your opinion of Him will not be too masked by our horrible representation.

Thanks,

Annie

- I do receive many nice, not at all hateful, emails from Christians, I just rarely post them as the hatemail seems to interest people more. -bobby

43 Responses to “I just kinda stumbled across you FSM website”

1. Iron Bess says:

@beefcupcake – poor you. At least I only see my fundy friend once every five years or so. Of course I would be going to the school to ensure that they were not teaching ID to my child. I honestly would have been devastated if my kid had grown up to be xian.
    I have a really good friend who said that he was laying in bed with his wife talking about the baby they were about to have, and they both decided that whatever the child turned out to be, normal, handicap, teacher, lawyer, garbageman, gay, straight or even a criminal. They could handle it, but if the kid ended up being a born-again, they probably would have to disown it.

2. Iron Bess says:

@Captain Codpiece – the irony is that my real name means Messanger of Christ (or the lord, depending on interpretation). So I make sure that my message is always this, “The message from christ is that there is no such thing as an all knowing, all powerful, diety, who listens to and answers prayers. Get a life, get in touch with reality!”

3. pieces o'nine says:

Nice mail, Annie; may you be touched by His Noodly Appendage. ;-)
    @Iron Bess :
    Don’t give up the ship on your friend; there is an outside chance she will come to her sense under the good influence of continuing contact with sensible people like yourself. I had a dear friend who got ‘born again’ (ouch!!!) and became impossible for several long, awkward years. During that time she afflicted me with zombie quotes, pitifully lame “clean, godly” jokes, and random witnessing. I found all this comical as I was raised in a very religious household (albeit a different branch than the one she embraced), yet had not bludgeoned her with bible quotes during her wild, unchurched years prior to the Big Conversion. Eventually, she tired of it and she’s almost fully recovered now.
    If your friend is unable to break the shackles of fundamentalist dogma, there is no reason *you* can’t have a little fun. Send her custom-made Christmas cards prominently featuring the FSM: as a Great Star in the Sky (don’t forget the mountain ‘to go tell it on’, the trees and midgit!) with His noodly appendages radiating blessings and light; or as *all three* Wise Men, bearing gifts of Pasta, Sauce, and Parmesan; or perhaps even as baby meatballs, swaddled in sauce and lying on a manger of pasta…mmm…
    Really, the creative possibilities are endless. Don’t forget to calligraph an Uplifting Message (TM) on the inside: “Cheeses are the Reason for the Season” or “Pasta on Earth” or some such. And don’t forget to solemnly reply to *any* religious message with a heartfelt “RAmen!”

4. St John the Blasphemist says:

@Annie
    How refreshing to hear that some people have the ability to do a little research (ie: reading the open letter) before giving their opinion. Cheers ta ya!!
    St John the Blasphemist
    Saint of Informed Opinions

5. Momi Pink Shoes says:
  6. Momi Pink Shoes says:

That made my night!!

7. Peter Popoff says:

Does anybody here have a link for Google?
    I need to look something up.

8. Len Guini says: