I just kinda stumbled across you FSM website

Published October 26th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

I just kinda stumbled across your FSM website and it’s unlike anything I’ve ever heard of. I’d first of all like to say that the entire FSM idea is very brilliant (I’m not sure who thought of it, but it’s a very creative way of communicating the point of separation between church and state). I think what many Christians posting on your site don’t consider is how upset they would be if someone else’s beliefs being taught to their children.

Of course. I’m a Christian (surprise)… haha I know you get lots of emails from us, but I just want to apologize. I didn’t read everything on the website, but in the half an hour or so I spent lurking around I failed to find even one positive thing posted by a Christian. Anyways. I’d like to just say I’m sorry that we have been so threating, demanding, and rude. In fact the Christ we claim to follow and aim to live like is a virtual polar opposite of what most of the accounts (I read) seemed to portray.

So I apologize for doing Jesus a horrible injustice. I hope your opinion of Him will not be too masked by our horrible representation.

Thanks,

Annie

- I do receive many nice, not at all hateful, emails from Christians, I just rarely post them as the hatemail seems to interest people more. -bobby

43 Responses to “I just kinda stumbled across you FSM website”

1. Captain Codpiece says:

“@TPR
    Have you noticed how the first posts in recent threads are often very short? I wonder why that is?”
    Hmm. I’ve no idea. Nor do I have any idea why my first post was incredibly short and then quickly followed by another longer one.
    What strange times we live in.
    His Noodliness does work in mysterious ways. His wonders to behold and then be eaten!
    ArrrAmen

2. PacificPam says:

I still love the “Your a joke” mail better.
    @Annie. Thank you for spreading the loooove.

3. PacificPam says:

Wohoo…I claim…clam chowder for the 18th post. That is the earliest I have ever posted, and I love clam chowder.

4. Captain Codpiece says:

@Pam
    Try to get 500th post on the ‘your a joke’ That would be a real coup!
    CC

5. Iron Bess says:

I don’t think much of the love mail either. The one good thing going for it, is that for once it isn’t all about killing and threatening us. I find the lack of hostility to be very un-xian like speak.
    I just had an unexpected visit from my best friend from school who has become more fundy as the years have gone by. After the first day of arguing, we agreed to disagree, and although I can’t say either of us respects the others point of view on religion, we did manage to enjoy our time together.
    Had we been of a different ilk (meaning, had she been more interfering, we probably would have spent those four days together in one big screaming match). And this from a person who knows me better than anyone in the world, even my husband.
    So my view…religion screws up almost everything that is good in the world.

6. PacificPam says:

Fuck, I was so immersed (spelling?) in the “youre a joke” mail that I forgot this one.
    Captain I had the 100th post, in one of these ones, the other day.
    Iron Bess. You are back. Did you have sex already?

7. Captain Codpiece says:

@Iron Bess
    “So my view…religion screws up almost everything that is good in the world.”
    So right! I think Christopher Hitchens says exactly that!
    By the way it’s a bit ironic being an atheist called Chistopher which means carrier of christ in Greek (he was the dude that supposedly carried christ ove a river and got to be patron saint of travellers! A lot of good he did at Lockerbie!

8. beefcupcake says:

@IronBess
    “I just had an unexpected visit from my best friend from school who has become more fundy as the years have gone by. After the first day of arguing, we agreed to disagree, and although I can’t say either of us respects the others point of view on religion, we did manage to enjoy our time together”

I have the same type of relationship with my ex-psuedo mother in law (don’t ask). I love her dearly but she is so over the top about her religious beliefs it can be a strain on our relationship. When I told her I wasn’t raising my daughter Xtian she nearly cried. It can be very difficult to have a conversation with someone who lives in a completly different reality than myself.

On the flipside of our movement, she recently went to her daughter’s school to ensure that they were not teaching her daughter evolution. This was a result of finding out that the school classified humans with animals. FSM forbid her child might learn a different viewpoint and possibly learn to think for herself.

She prays for me regularly. I am new to FSM so I can’t wait to inform her that I will be eating pasta for her!

RAmen!