I just kinda stumbled across you FSM website

Published October 26th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

I just kinda stumbled across your FSM website and it’s unlike anything I’ve ever heard of. I’d first of all like to say that the entire FSM idea is very brilliant (I’m not sure who thought of it, but it’s a very creative way of communicating the point of separation between church and state). I think what many Christians posting on your site don’t consider is how upset they would be if someone else’s beliefs being taught to their children.

Of course. I’m a Christian (surprise)… haha I know you get lots of emails from us, but I just want to apologize. I didn’t read everything on the website, but in the half an hour or so I spent lurking around I failed to find even one positive thing posted by a Christian. Anyways. I’d like to just say I’m sorry that we have been so threating, demanding, and rude. In fact the Christ we claim to follow and aim to live like is a virtual polar opposite of what most of the accounts (I read) seemed to portray.

So I apologize for doing Jesus a horrible injustice. I hope your opinion of Him will not be too masked by our horrible representation.

Thanks,

Annie

- I do receive many nice, not at all hateful, emails from Christians, I just rarely post them as the hatemail seems to interest people more. -bobby

43 Responses to “I just kinda stumbled across you FSM website”

1. Wench Nikkiee says:

RAmen Annie

2. Captain Codpiece says:

“In fact the Christ we claim to follow and aim to live like is a virtual polar opposite of what most of the accounts (I read) seemed to portray.”
    Which accounts would these be?
    I know of four accounts which are widely read and some others which were recently discovered in Nag Hamadi and Qumran. If he is the polar opposite of his portrayal in these accounts then that actually makes him a pretty nasty piece of work! The problem with Christ as a teacher of ethics is that he supports his teachings with references to bizarre and arcane Hebrew texts which in turn refer to metaphysical ideas like an omnicient and omnipotent supreme being who allegedly made the world in seven days and mad women out of some guys rib!
    I ask you why didi it take him so long? His Wibbley-Wobbliness gets the whole job done in a day, with the most part done in 12 minutes at a gentle simmer just before lunchtime!
    RAmen!

3. Wench Nikkiee says:

bobby
    “I do receive many nice, not at all hateful, emails from Christians, I just rarely post them as the hatemail seems to interest people more. -bobby”
    I think it’s a case of not being able to respond with a lot when we can do nothing but agree with the niceemails. Hatemail certainly gives us a lot more mileage for indulging in smartarsery :p

4. Captain Codpiece says:

‘mad women’
    that should be ‘made women’ but mad women are quite alright by me!
    In fact there are plenty aboard the Golden Beaver!
    ArrrrrAmen

5. Wench Nikkiee says:

Captain Codpiece
    I think Annie was referring to the hatemailer posts on CoFSM that claim to be speaking for Christ.

6. Wench Nikkiee says:

I don’t think she should appologise on their behalf though as most (all) of them obviously have an entirely different take on Jesus and the bible to what she does.

7. Thalassophobic Pie Rat says:

CC said:
    “@TPR
    Have you noticed how the first posts in recent threads are often very short? I wonder why that is?”
    Hmm. I’ve no idea. Nor do I have any idea why my first post was incredibly short and then quickly followed by another longer one.
    What strange times we live in.

8. storm petrel says:

Nice to see that sane polite christians are willing to voice their opinions too and that they don’t all just sit quietly while the loud-mouths are spewing curses and insults.