I am very concerned about something

Published October 15th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

I read your web site and I am very concerned about something. I consider myself a good Christian and I have read the Bible many times (not like some of the so-called Christians people who post to your web site and just yell and say stupid things). So I am familiar with most parts of the Bible but in no place that I have seen is there any reference to pasta or a being that resembles your flying spaghetti monster. God created man, and man created pasta, but if it was any different than that there would be a reference in the Bible. So I am worried that perhaps your religion is not based on real evidence that God wrote. Please feel free to write back to me and I will be glad to discuss this with you if you like.

God bless,
Cinta

164 Responses to “I am very concerned about something”

1. Ollie says:

Hi Cinta-

Define “Evidence”.

Firstly, I would like to point out that your religion is based on religious evidence.
    At least in the UK, your theories of creationism will be taught in Religious Education lessons.

Darwin’s theories are based on Scientific evidence.
    They will be taught in science lessons.

Secondly, the Bible avoids many issues- be it pasta, abortion or energy saving light bulbs. Oh wait- abortion and energy saving light bulbs didn’t exist when the bible was written. Neither did pasta. If god was made of pasta, none of the bible writers would have mentioned it.

Also, your claim that “perhaps your religion is not based on real evidence that God wrote” not only assumes that for evidence to be real god has to have written it(incidentally God did NOT write the bible), but YOU are equally determined to disprove the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster as they are to disprove Christianity. They have a gospel. You have the bible.

What makes yours so much better than theirs?

2. PacificPam (Cool-Aid) says:

I love Ollie!

3. Ollie says:

Cŵn Annwn- I beleive it’s spelt “midgits”. Check the diagram.
    And PacificPam, I love you too!

4. Teh Spag-worshipper says:

@mentos

Shouldn’t all fundies be dead from not breathing? I don’t think anything in the Bible says ‘thou shalt breathe’. And, of course, if God doesn’t say you should do it…

5. Teh Spag-worshipper says:

Oh yeah. And I reread the original message, and I’d like to point out that reading the Bible doesn’t make you Christian at all. I mean, I’ve read the Bible cover to cover, and I haven’t been Christian since I was seven.
    For anyone who wants to read it, a word of advice; all the exciting adventure stories are in the Old Testament. Revelations is good, too.

6. Cap'n Ollie says:

@Teh Spag-worshipper-
    You read the ENTRIE bible?!
    Wow, nice one. How long did that take?

7. Teh Spag-worshipper says:

@Cap’n Ollie
    On and off? About three years. I don’t know how long it /actually/ took me, since
    a. I was also reading a marine biology textbook, a mythology book, and about fifty novels at the same time. And that’s a conservative estimate. I’m really shite at sticking to one thing for any length of time.
    And
    b. I was eleven.
    I started reading it when I was about eight because I wanted to see if there was anything in it that could redeem Xtianity from four years of sitting on hard wood floors and listening to a priest. Oh yes, and going to church every so often, sitting on hard wood benches and listening to two priests.
    Turns out that no, there isn’t. Good mythology in parts, though.

8. Phil says:

It’s all well and good to take your belief from the written word; I myself am fond of Dr. Seuss and Nietzsche. They don’t really work in harmony but with a little “faith” they are interchangeable. Gods and FSMs don’t write books, people do. People also believe anything as evidenced by the many people who quote books they claim were written by invisible men.