hatemail copyright issues

Published October 5th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

I received this today. I decided to assume an email about hatemail copyright issues implies consent for posting here.

Dear Sir

I am not a writing to you to join your long list of “hate mail” attached to your wall I’m just offering some advise in which i suffer knowledge of in which have been expressed by the website (Including the address of http://www.venganza.org/). Though i do no have any formal expertise this is a area i have studied in the past and would like to bring to your attention.

Creative works are covered under international treaty as copyright which includes but is not exclusive to Email messages, handwritten notes, books, computer programs and web pages are all creative works and they are all protected by copyright. Put basically anything that is intellectual material other then your own DOES NOT belong to you. And therefore can not be copied without expressed permission.

In some circumstances sending an email creates an implied license for personal uses. Thought is would be extremely hard to prove in cases where copyright is attached. Also the uses or publication of names, email address and any other personal information without permission and protection is controled by The Data Protection Act (US:1998,2000 UK:1998,1986). And in this case would leave the publisher and affiliates liable to prosecution.

I do not wish to refefer to any specific violoation but i hope this information is of some use to you. Thank you for your time.

Yours Faithfully
James

77 Responses to “hatemail copyright issues”

1. Plague Chicken says:

Maybe thats why some fundies are against abortion EVEN in cases of rape…it simply wouldn’t do to outlaw forced reproduction, otherwise how would we have begotten the son of dog?

cheers

2. Rob. says:

What other religion can boast that non-believers provide free legal advice? What a great religion we have. And here I thought it got no better than beer and strippers and pirate hats.

3. Boheme Wench says:

I think that if someone is going to write an “official sounding” letter, he/she should probably check their spelling, grammar, and puncutation before pushing the SUBMIT button.

4. Rob. says:

It was as official sounding as all those great scam e-mails I get daily telling me I have won the lotto, or I can pretend to be a dead guys relative, or that there is a job openning just for me, or that I can help out some dying widow. The OP was THAT official sounding. LOL

5. EB says:

This guy has the same level knowledge of copyright law as my 8 month old nephew.

6. Poolboy says:

Usually, I like reading the hate mail and laughing at the authors, but this one I just kind of feel bad for. I hope for his sake that he isn’t an adult. I’d hate to think that James has already reached his intellectual prime.

7. Rob. says:

I reached my most mature when I was 13, it has been all downhill since then…23 years later.

8. The giant Leprechaun says:

Hehehe to the one just above me by rob.

It’s always so funny laughing at the guys who fall for those e-mails.