I think you guys are taking it too far

Published September 24th, 2007 by Bobby Henderson

I saw your Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster website today.

Okay, it’s great to have a bit of a laugh, and I did when I read the bit about ‘our God having bigger balls than yours’ but I think you guys are taking it too far.

Academic endorsements? You don’t need a PhD to understand God. Having a PhD does not mean that you can make judgements about God and religion, put them in a box and say “this is God”. No-one can do that.

Also, don’t you think that you might be offending some people? Openly discriminating another religion is not regarded as a decent thing to do. This is not the Crusades. Get with the times. We Christians don’t openly insult other religions on web pages, nor do they against us. There is nothing wrong with having a joke without poking fun at others.

Seriously, I think you guys are pathetic.

I’m not even going to try and counter your theories, because I don’t need to, they’re so stupid.

The reason I sent you this email was because I saw your hate mail page and thought I might contribute.

One last thing, to all you so-called ‘Christians’ out there posting hate-mail on this website, I don’t think you’re acting like a Christian if you threaten them with hell, or tell them God will punish them, because of the website.

You’re just as bad as the creators of the website.

Get a life, Mr. Henderson. Stop acting like a primary school kid.

You must be an AMerican, to come up with such crap.

If you want to actually be saved, read the real bible.

Please publish this on your hate mail page. Otherwise writing this email will have been in vain

-GSG

370 Responses to “I think you guys are taking it too far”

1. Music On Your Mp3 Player » Blog Archive » Pitch Black featuring Styles P-Nice says:

[...] I think you guys are taking it too far at Church of the Flying … Use New Orleans and New York during a black out as an examples. Captain W, the human race … I certainly can [...]

2. fabien says:

“10 million people? Get real. No-one believes in that crap. Your only supporters are atheists, which means they don’t believe in a God.”
    we are not mear atheists we are pastafarians
    yarr

3. Verybland says:

“We Christians don’t openly insult other religions on web pages,” all i have to say is BULLSHIT!

4. Ande says:

It was some time ago I read this, and despite he think we are crazy and stupid, I really just think he has misinterpreted the site.
    “Having a PhD does not mean that you can make judgements about God and religion, put them in a box and say “this is God”. No-one can do that.”
    yes, this is spot on, if people didn’t tried to put god in a box and say “this is god” there wouldn’t be a problem at all.
    “Also, don’t you think that you might be offending some people? Openly discriminating another religion is not regarded as a decent thing to do. This is not the Crusades”
    no? the crusades were created for several reasons, perhaps the most important: to tie christians togheter( europe were quite messy in the early middle ages), second to impose religon upon others.
    In what way is today’s situation not a crusade? I mean, the christians found any form of opposition offencive back then too

5. Dr Dagger says:

You say “atheist” like its a bad thing? You are an atheist so far as you don’t believe in Allah, Ra, Zeus, our Lord the Flying Spaghetti Monster or all of the other Gods out there (apart from the Christian one), in case you hadn’t noticed, there are a lot of contradictions in the Bible.

Ps, I’m British

6. pheer6224 says:

He’s just mad because his holiness did not bestow upon him a PhD.

7. Poobah says:

CHecking to see if this is working.

8. Nick says:

Please prove to me Mr. GSG, that God is real. I’ll cut you some slack and let you try to prove big foot is real. B/c there is more proof that bigfoot is real than god is real. Have yiou ever seen god? Has he ever talked to you? oh, thats right, its all based on faith, not logic or evidence.